Author Topic: Good books for the new beek?  (Read 11070 times)

Offline Green bee

Re: Good books for the new beek?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 09:53:09 pm »
Somewhere in my old used up mind, I remember Apis posting a list of books to read.  Use the search button above and look for the Apis suggested books.  Remember that only God could know more about bees than does Apis.

lazy

Some very smart people (good looking too) were born in Vernon, BC where Apis lives. :) :D
I can only assume you were born in Vernon, BC  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline Green bee

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 10:08:17 pm »
Who is the author of Beekeeping for Dummy's , looks like there is a few different ones.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 11:38:28 pm »
i think howland blackiston?

if you are keeping bees, you are NOT a dummy......lol, well maybe...... :D  then we all are.......... :D :D :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor
The following users thanked this post: Green bee

Offline Green bee

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 05:42:07 pm »
So I ended up getting beekeeping for dummies..ill let you guys know what I think . Thanks for all the suggestions.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 06:14:00 pm »
"if you are keeping bees, you are NOT a dummy.."

Speak for yourself.   :P
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Green bee

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 07:02:20 pm »
There's so much to learn with these bees I kinda do feel like a dummy. Fortunately I have a awsome forum very rich in knowlage that folks are kind enough to share. It reminds me of when I started my trade 26 years ago as a Hvac service tech. I didn't know anything and when I learned a little something it just excited me. As time went on and I learned more, the more comfortable and confident I become. And to this day I learn something daily. I hope the same goes with my quest to keep bees. So thanks for all y'alls help (yes y'all is a word in the south ;D ;D) I am sure I will have lots of questions I just ask for patience and hope one day I'll be able to return the favor.     Marty
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 07:26:19 pm »
I've been at it for 40 years and am still a bee dummy, so don't get in a big hurry to learn it all.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein