Author Topic: crazy robin  (Read 1950 times)

Offline rober

• Gold Member
crazy robin
« on: May 28, 2019, 12:14:30 pm »
the back window of my truck is deep tinted so it's a bit mirror-like. for near 2 weeks now a robin has been sitting on my truck box & attacking his reflection. every time I try to film him he boogies. if I manage to film him i'll post the video.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: crazy robin
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 12:42:35 pm »
Nesting time and he's being territorial?

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 05:09:42 pm »
We've had a cardinal fighting our bathroom window for so long now we just ignore it.  We used to say "wow! The cardinal is STILL at it!" and similar remarks but as I've said, its gone on too long to care.  I do wonder at his stick to it ness.  Bizzare.
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 07:19:10 pm »
I know what he's up to, it's just comical to watch. I had a tom turkey back in the day who'd wander over to my neighbor's house & attack his reflection in their patio door. I have a Carolina wren that's been flying into my shop & hanging out. he's almost at a point where he'll land on me. he's already come close.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 12:46:53 am »
We have a cardinal hen that nests here every year. She wastes hours attacking her reflection in the window. The really funny part is her mate perches back in a shrub and stares at her as if to say,"What is wrong with her?"  :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 09:44:11 pm »
Honest to God.  He's still at it!  I'd hate to get in a fight with that guy. Are your birds still hanging in there?  Ted
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 07:43:27 am »
I was just in the bathroom, brushing my tooth :o, with the cardinal pecking at the window, and had a thought.  Since cardinals are here year round, will this bird just keep at it, forever?  Ted

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 08:31:28 am »
I have seen products that are meant to scare birds away or to keep them from flying into picture windows.  Maybe you should tape a hawk silhouette or a pair of big eyes on the window?  That would be an easy fix.

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 08:36:40 am »
I'll give that a try.  Thanks Bakersdozen!

Offline Green bee

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
  I had a bird of some kind that would fight itself in the mirror on my work van. He done it so much he scratched it all up. Finally i started tieing a plastic bag over them. It was fun to watch though. 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein