Author Topic: Dean and Annalisa's trap out  (Read 3293 times)

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Dean and Annalisa's trap out
« on: December 09, 2013, 12:05:48 pm »
This is a trap out from a couple of years ago. the home owners had called saying they were seeing bees all around the house and checking out the small hole in the wall. I told them it was scout bees and to keep an eye out for the swarm to arrive. A little while later they called back to say the swarm had arrived and a ball of bees was on the side of their house. The bees had accessed the floor joist from a hole that was never caulked up where the HVAC lines go into the rock siding. the owners did not want the sheet rock cut open to get them out. This was in May and still very cool at night. The night before I had placed the cone and there were no bees flying at all, this is the next day after the sun had come up. I did have to cut out the bottom of the cone for the HVAC lines to pass through and then patch back with hardware cloth and caulk. this was a half way successful trap out, since it was directly over the outside HVAC unit, every time it would come on flying bees would get killed by the hand full from the fan blowing.

[youtube:252ix60l][/youtube:252ix60l]

I was able to cut a hole in some blocking from and unfinished storage room and stick my camera in the floor joist to get a shot of the bees.

[attachment=1:252ix60l]003.JPG[/attachment:252ix60l]

Pic of the comb that was left behind after the trap out.

[attachment=0:252ix60l]063.JPG[/attachment:252ix60l]
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
Re: Dean and Annalisa's trap out
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »
Oh, shoot,,,didn't think about the air unit causing  problems....yikes!