Author Topic: Books.. Really?  (Read 4252 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Books.. Really?
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:39:40 am »

So I was thinking, WHERE should I post this... Should i post this?  then I see a category for BOOKS... now, I am assuming it was meant for BEEKEEPING books, but I didnt see THAT in the title, so here goes!

One of the books I have written, is in final stages of publishing.. I need to approve the cover design and a few other things, but hopefully it will be available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc within the next three months. If you enjoy Science Fiction, it might be right up your alley.. I am no Steven Spielburg or Robert Jordan, and dont really have a twisted MIND (Dont SAY anything Mrs. River!) to be able to write twisted plots, I am no English major either, so its just a GOOD story..  I will make a page on my Website to let everyone know more about it as the time for release gets closer.   A short snip;

The smell of forest loam somehow managed to get through the scent of leather and

horse sweat. The sound of crickets, birds and frogs seeped through the creaking of leather

and soft scraping of plate and chain mail. The path they followed was well traveled,

and he knew they were close. So did his horse. It kept trying to step up its pace.

From somewhere deep in his own mind, he thrilled at what he was seeing, and knew it

for the dream. He willed his dream self to go faster, but he heard his own voice, older,

deeper, and more gravelly, laugh softly at the animal.

"Easy Hardwind, were almost there, it's been a long ride but we can wait the extra few

minutes it will take us to walk."

The horses head bobbed in agitation, but it seemed to understand and relaxed its pace.

Michael knew he had never been on a horse in his life, in fact, he had never even seen

one in real life. He had seen pictures and vids of people riding them,  but that's as close

as he had ever been, yet here, in this dream, it was so real, the sounds, the smells,

the motion of the horse as it walked. The shifting of his weight when it stepped on a

sharp rock. He marveled at the strength of the animal as it moved beneath him. 

He felt the leather undergarments that insulated him from the Armor he wore. He felt the

calluses on his own body where the armor rubbed against his skin and knew that it

allowed him to ignore the pain of wearing it. Somehow, he could distantly feel the

barding that the Horse wore, he could feel the heat the animal built up under that barding,

but it, like himself had built up an immunity to it, and no longer even thought about it.

They came to a bridge. It crossed a medium sized stream. The railings were well tooled

Marble, the base cobblestones. The entrance to the bridge was overshadowed by a

massive stone arch. At the peak of the arch a Great Dragon was chiseled into the stone,

its hind talons extended as if to strike, in its fore claws it carried a shield and a sword.

On the shield was depicted another dragon in exact likeness, on the smaller dragons

shield was yet another, smaller dragon. They passed under the arch and he lost sight of it,

and felt the urge to climb the marble arch and see just how small the dragons on those

shields became.

He glanced behind himself as a large wolf came out onto the road and followed them

across the bridge. The wolf trotted up beside, and past him as they stepped back on firm

soil, then sat at the corner of the road watching him. He nodded his head at it.

"Wait here Brother, I will try to come back later, so we can hunt."

The wolf tilted its head slightly to the side, its tongue came out and it panted quietly as

they passed, then turned and disappeared into the trees.

They came around the bend in the road, and the castle came into view. He felt his pulse

quicken, and again the horse started to trot. He heard himself laugh in that older voice.

The horse tossed its head, and he realized what was missing. There were no reigns on the

horse. It somehow did what he wanted without them. Now it tossed its head like it was

trying to pull the reigns free so that it could run. He gave the horse a mental nod, and it

instantly broke into a gallop.

He leaned forward on the horses back and again laughed, with exhilaration this time.

The horse took this as his queue, and increased its speed. The wind cut through his visor

and made his eyes water. He heard the distant sounding of a trumpet, and knew his

arrival had been noticed.

He passed a series of walls that had what looked like strange cannons mounted on them

as they raced up the hill. People stopped and waved to him as he passed through the

outlying village that surrounded the castle. He lifted his arm in salute as he passed them.

His horses hooves echoed loudly on the wooden drawbridge as they crossed it, then they

were within the castle grounds. Guards at the gate saluted him as he rode past, and he

returned it in kind. Again the thunder of hooves as they crossed another drawbridge,

and then they were in the castle courtyard. The horse settled back on its haunches and

slid on the stones. He dropped from the saddle, sliding off the horse's rump as it came to

a stop. The horse reared and screamed, then settled back to all fours tossing its head.

He heard his name and looked up. A great stone staircase curved up to an upper level,

and she was coming down it rather rapidly. Her Red hair flashed in the sun and wind,

trailing behind her like living flames. As she came off the last step, still running toward

him, he removed his helm, and hung it from the saddle horn. She hit him at speed as he

turned back to greet her. She slammed into his armored body hard enough that he

grunted, but she did not seem to care if it hurt either of them. She wrapped her arms

around his neck, and he had a fleeting glimpse of brilliant green eyes as she kissed him.

Deep in the back of his mind, he felt something he had not known for several years now.

Love, comfort, belonging and friendship. The part of him that was not dreaming

struggled to hold the dream, to stay where he was and be a part of the world he dreamed.

The scene faded slowly, just as it always did. He struggled within himself to stay within

the dream. When he could not, he struggled to remember. He saw her face, could smell

her hair, and feel the softness of her lips on his. Slowly, despite his best effort, it all

faded, and he blinked in the darkness, remembering only, red hair and green eyes....
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
Re: Books.. Really?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »
 Ok, take some time off and go see the misses, the bees will still be there when you get back.

Ken

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »
Congratulation!

Looks like its going to be a winner!
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:29:44 pm »
Cover is done working on all the other stuff now...

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 02:55:30 pm »
Just Awesome Scott! I knew there was a published author in you. This will be a book that hubby will enjoy, he likes either scifi or suspence. You have a buyer here  ;D 8)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Gypsi

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 11:54:15 am »
Sounds like a great book!  Congratulations.  Let us know when it hits the shelves or Amazon

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 12:46:37 am »
"Ok, take some time off and go see the misses, the bees will still be there when you get back.
Ken"

LOL!................... :D :D :D

"I am no Steven Spielburg or Robert Jordan, and dont really have a twisted MIND (Dont SAY anything Mrs. River!)"

........ :D

in the first place scott, you are YOU!  you write well, and capture your thoughts/imagination in the written word.  you ARE a good story teller!
(twisted mind or not.......... ;D :D :D :D and ya know i'm kidding!)

i would purchase your book, BUT i would want an AUTOGRAPHED copy!........... 8)
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 04:22:57 pm »
LOL  I can do that, but doubt if it will make it any more valuable.   :-[
   JUST to have it in my hands after so many years of having people tell me I should get it published will be a dream come true. If it just pays for itself I will have the rest of the books in the series published.  Been a long road and endured a lot of insults from publishers that refused to even read it, and in fact were insulted I even had the nerve to contact them. It is a difficult market to get into.

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 04:10:55 pm »
Sign me up!
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 12:58:42 am »
"LOL  I can do that, but doubt if it will make it any more valuable.   :-["

it's valuable to me scott..........i know that's not what you are looking for but..........just saying..........

and someday your dream just might come true............

Forum Sponsor

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 11:06:02 am »
I'm in :yes: Looks like we've had another John Boy Walton  in our mist all a long. ??? Jack

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »
....... I am assuming it was meant for BEEKEEPING books, but I didnt see THAT in the title, .......

If you're feeling guilty about "Hijacking the topic", you might decide to add a feral bee hive to one of the forest trees or to the sculpted arch--- :laugh:

But with or without bees, you've caught our interest. :) :yes:

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 10:32:51 am »
Status update?
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 01:58:35 pm »
I'm with Zweefer ~ Just looked on amazon last week and I don't see your book yet Scott? What's Up  :)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 06:22:31 pm »
i think scott is on vacation/spending time with his wife in maine?.........
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 08:16:47 pm »
Yes, I am in Maine... Howland Maine to be exact..  on the Piscataquis river..  I can look out the back door and see the river frozen over from where I sit right now..
   NICE little camp with gas heat and a wood stove.. I have been making coffee every morning on the wood stove with my Percolator coffee maker and am loving every minute of it.
   "Put new floors down, made trim for the windows and doors and installed it. Fixed several other things my wife needed fixed, now she thinks it is time I went back to Iowa until she gets another list together...
    :sad:
   I will be heading back Monday, so should be home late Tuesday depending in if I pull over and sleep or not.
   They did not have the book ready when I left so it has to wait until I get back to where Ihave internet...  Although... tonight, after two months of living here, my wife mentions that she can use her phone as a hot spot....  which is how I am typing this to yall....
   Went ot the Howland Beekeepers meeting last night, and had a great time, met a lot of good people..   It always amazes me how nice most beekeepers are, and how you can walk into a room of strangers and immediately have friends and plenty to talk about...
   The highlight of the night was watching them build equipment for the raffle, and seeing a hand hold end up on the inside of he box...   HEY It is good to know I am not alone in this big world!
   With a little luck some of those good folks I met will be joining the forum here to ask their questions and add to the wonderful atmosphere this place always maintains...

I will get on the book when I get home and update you all when it is available!
   Thanks for all the support guys. It means a lot to me!
   Scott

*Sponsor*
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2017, 12:25:03 am »
thanks scott, safe travels!
missed your presence here!
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 10:20:50 pm »
Wow, what a long road this has been, but... it is here, finally...

Amazon.com
  https://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Destiny-Generations-Scott-Sievers/dp/1946848905/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494985966&sr=8-1&keywords=Nemesis+Destiny

Barnes and Noble;
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nemesis-destiny-scott-sievers/1126324308?ean=9781946848901

Or go to my Website / Other and click on the buttons to take you to the respective sight...

http://www.outyard.net/other.html

If you do read it, send it to me and I will sign it and send it back, or better yet, come visit, we can talk bees!

Scott

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 12:48:12 pm »
Far Out! Ordering it right now. Good Goin' Scott  ;) 8)

Is this going to be a series?

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 01:22:32 am »
Yes, first book out, second and third books done, ready for revision, but I was advised to release a year apart..   >:(   forth started and going well, not sure I will be able to end it in 4, we will see how the story goes.
   Thank you Jen, Hope you enjoy it!
   Scott

*Sponsor*