Author Topic: Good Grief! I Just Realized That It's Two Days Till Christmas Eve!!  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
Re: Good Grief! I Just Realized That It's Two Days Till Christmas Eve!!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 10:05:13 am »
Been doing well.  Been long hours in shop and at the shrine in November and December.  Theo even mad at me for not having much time.  However did take some time off for christmas to regroup. and have some Theo time he is doing great. Hopefully things slow down a bit in next couple of months. Phoebe is looking great she is a beautiful young lady
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 03:47:50 pm »
Riverbee & Jen, wow sorry to hear you both have had struggles but glad you are on the mend.  Jen you are correct that it’s a good thing it’s winter.  We are going into a ten day cold snap starting today, so on went the sugar patties with Ken’s help.  Hard to do it with one hand.  Yep, I took another fall a week ago....face planted onto my concrete patio.  Jammed my entire left arm and both knees.  I see ortho Tuesday for a verdict.  I am buying a bubble wrap suit!

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 10:06:07 pm »
Awe Geez Les, That's a tough one, what caused the fall? Icey patch? Be prepared, shoulders take time to heal. Sorry hon. Us girls are on a roll it seems  :sad:
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 12:49:07 am »
I tripped on my bootlace and we sure seem to be on a roll!

Offline Barbarian

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 04:57:34 pm »
Hi Jen,
I just remembered an event that occurred a little while after I had my cardiac stents.
Everything was going fine until one evening I started feeling wonky so went to A & E.
After the usual tests and an overnight stay I saw a cardiologist.
My problem was caused by a slowing of my heart rate.

Before I had the stents among my medics was atenolol. This drug, after the stenting, caused my problem. The cardiologist described atenolol as a "dirty" drug. Changing the atenolol to a more modern selective drug solved the problem.
" Another Owd Codger "

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 10:02:33 pm »
Hi Barbarian

Atenolol is a beta blocker, a blood pressure medication. Beta blockers help slow the heart so it doesn't have to work so hard for oxygen. Helps prevent another heart attack, helps with irregular heart beat, helps regulate blood pressure. I am also on a beta blocker Lopressor since my stents.

This really confuses me. I didn't have a heart attack, I don't have blood pressure issues, I don't have irregular heart beat. I don't understand why I need to be on this medication?
There Is Peace In The Queendom