Author Topic: Woodworking guy at the Market  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Woodworking guy at the Market
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:05:29 pm »
This fellow is across the aisle and down a couple of booths at the farm market, and he cranks out some of the nicest woodworking stuff I have laid eyes on. I would be afraid to use any of it like the cutting boards and stuff it's so nice.
What really gets me is the t-shirts he wears on many of the days he's there. He says friends pick them up for him as jokes. I have posted a few of them and sure enough he had another good one Saturday.

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Woodworking guy at the Market
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »
Love that shirt! ;D And those wooden boxes, Wow! I'll bet they have a fabulous scent as well. do you know if this guy has a website? or maybe a facebook page? Etsy?
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 04:33:29 pm »
Who is the compition with the beeswax candles in the back? do they sell honey also?
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 05:54:26 pm »
If I were at that market I would make a bee line to Perry's honey, then a pillar beeswax candle, and one of those beautiful wooden boxes. Put the honey and the pillar candle into the box and wind my way home whistling all along the way  :) 8)
The following users thanked this post: Perry

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 06:16:18 pm »
Nothing gets by you Apis. :laugh: That is the Sheffield Mills Candle Co. It is there for around 6 to 8 weeks before Christmas each year. We don't sell anything that is remotely the same other than t-lites. Julia and Jay are actually the daughter and son-in-law of George Foote, one of the legends in beekeeping in Nova Scotia. I actually did 2 trap-outs on J and J's home a couple of years ago. They had 2 swarms move in behind old light fixtures on either side of their homes front door in one week. They are incredibly nice people and we are sure to send people that don't see what they want on our table over to them. They have a huge variety of molds and a much bigger selection than we do, but no honey.

We needed another frame of brood so Julia called her dad George to see if he could bring one over. He arrived 15 minutes later and blew past me and was up the ladder popping in the frame before I could say boo. Julia took a picture of the two of us after we had finished, and it is one of my favourite pictures. George is 83 in that pic.

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 06:22:35 pm »
Love that shirt! ;D And those wooden boxes, Wow! I'll bet they have a fabulous scent as well. do you know if this guy has a website? or maybe a facebook page? Etsy?

http://www.outsidetheboxwoodworks.ca/

Forum Supporter

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:02:07 pm »
I remember when you did these trap outs. Very cool story and very cool pic with you in front of those big red doors and blue boxes... Arsty.

thanks for the link, I just might purchase myself a Christmas gift  :) ;D :laugh:

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 05:33:57 am »
The woodworking guy doesn't appear to encourage internet sales.  His work is beautiful.