Author Topic: Rhubarb Pie  (Read 5237 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Rhubarb Pie
« on: July 18, 2018, 08:08:25 am »
Rhubarb Pie
4 c. fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 c. honey
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tablespoons butter

In a large bowl combine rhubarb and honey.  Coat rhubarb well with honey.  Combine sugar, flour, and salt and add to rhubarb.  Mix well.  Place pie crust in the bottom of pie plate.  Pour in rhubarb filling.  Dot with 2 Tablespoons of butter.  Place a second pie crust sheet on top of filling, crimping the edges.  Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.  Cut air slits.  Bake at 425 degrees for 40-50 minutes. 

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
Re: Rhubarb Pie
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 08:46:26 am »
I miss rhubarb pie. My grandmother used to make them. 3Reds doesn’t trust rhubarb or cherry pies. She worries about biting into an especially tart spot.  :-X
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Rhubarb Pie
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 10:49:11 am »
She worries about biting into an especially tart spot.  :-X

My sister stopped by for a visit and I convinced her to try a slice.  I had made my mother's pie dough recipe and that convinced her to try.  She never like rhubarb pie because of the tartness.  She was surprised because this wasn't tart.  There is a little bit of tang to it though.  I would suggest cutting the rhubarb into small pieces and coating well with the honey and sugar.  That should help.  I don't know, but some rhubarb may be more tart than others.