Author Topic: Thinking of getting a Flow Hive?  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Les

• Gold Member
Thinking of getting a Flow Hive?
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:58:39 pm »
This is a well thought out presentation regarding chosing a Flow Hive

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
Re: Thinking of getting a Flow Hive?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 06:24:15 pm »
Enjoyed the video, thanks!  :)
Lee_Burough
The following users thanked this post: efmesch

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 04:17:07 pm »
Thanks Les, for the link.  It was a nicely done presentation of the question.  However, even though Mr. VinoFarm thinks that the summer dearth might be a local issue only for him, from my experience and from what I've read, it's pretty much a universal situation.  Very few beekeepers are blessed with a continued long lasting honey flow throughout the active season of the bees.  Most of us have at least one dearth period and I'm pretty sure that many of us have even more than one during the months when bees could potentially produce honey.  Some beekeepers deal with this situation by feeding with syrup during dearths, thereby keeping the hives strong till the nectar starts flowing again.  That, of course, presents its own problems, chief among them, the question of producing and extracting (intentionally or not) "honey" from the syrup.

I'll open a new string with the question as to summer dearths. Those who would like to report on their situation are welcome to make their contributions.

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 08:12:55 pm »
I can't find the link but I found a flow hive forum. almost all topics were about how these hives were not working in one way or another. the flow hive responses were pretty much ' sorry, did you try..........' & the issue went unresolved. I personally know 3 people in this area who bought, tried them, & now regret the purchase. I think they might have come up with a 2nd generation version. I did find these
https://forum.honeyflow.com/c/flow-hive
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-2-innovation#/
if you do decide to buy one be careful. there are already chinese knock-offs out there