Author Topic: HOWDY!  (Read 1743 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
HOWDY!
« on: January 24, 2019, 02:38:32 pm »

Been gone a while. Lots going on... been to Maine and then to Florida for the holidays. New shop going up where I will have all my extracting stuff, maple syrup stuff and of course the new wood shop for making hive components... Also will see about making a section i can put the forge so i can keep blacksmithing and get all of that out of my dads shop...    Bees... not sure how they are doing.. they were out and about and flying a week ago.. which is NOT good...  lots of warm weather and they have been very active.  Next warm spell we get I will check and see how much they have left for stores and sugar cakes.
   I have been spending too much time away to ensure they have had proper care.. but hopefully that will all change starting this spring.
   HOW is everyone?
Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: HOWDY!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:32 pm »
Good to hear from you Scott.

Sounds like your not letting the moss grow on you. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:29:14 pm »
Hey buddy! Need pics of the store.
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 06:54:01 pm »
Nothign there but poles and the concrete pad atm...  I got the poles set, that night it stormed, blew the poles off kilter and the ground froze... so, now I can't straighten the poles till the ground thaws out...   On the up side....  I DO have tan lines on my feet from the Florida sun! On the down side? The wind is bloody howling and its like ten degrees...  wind chill must be minus 20 out there right now!!!!
   I'll be calling you to come help me get the rafters up when it warms up!   No maple syrup for us this spring.

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 07:14:59 pm »
Glad to see you back. You were missed.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 08:02:01 pm »
Tap your trees and bring the sap down, we/I/you can boil here.  Heck, we can have Hunter do all the boiling while we hang out.  Having a Hunter is even better than having a Josh as he's too young to have caught on!

Cement slab?  I already hate your shack! :'(
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 05:06:32 pm »

Rolling door front left, walk in door front right at the corner of the pad where the 12 x 12 sales room will be. Kitchen to the left of that for extractor and finishing syrup that will also be 12 by 12, and the back 12 x 24 will be wood shop.. the gravel part to the left of the 24 x 80 will be where the evaporators etc will go...

It is all covered by snow now, waiting for warmer weather.

*Sponsor*

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 06:46:31 pm »
That's going to be marvelous!