Author Topic: men vs bees  (Read 2932 times)

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
men vs bees
« on: September 13, 2016, 11:19:51 pm »
This was emailed to me by grandgirl, freshman in college:

"I respect bees more than I respect white men in positions of power. That's because we actually need bees."

Smart kid, maybe too smart. :laugh:
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: men vs bees
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:58:59 pm »
................ :D :D :laugh:
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 07:48:11 am »
This one will go far.    ;)

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:02 am »
It's not "white" men, it's men, but it's not just men, it's "people in power."  It seems that people in power have become too interested in their own agendas and have forgotten "the great unwashed" that elected them. 

I serve on "board's of directors," and I constantly ask the members what they want done.  I consider myself the "voice" of my constituents.  That is a concept that is foreign to most of our governing officials. 

Back to the subject, it is nice to see young people go off to college and university campuses and be exposed to thoughts and ideas from around the globe.  Some of them lose their way, at least we think they do, and many of them are hardened in their beliefs.  Still, it is a wonderful time for most students, and it is encouraging to see a freshman girl child relaying her new thoughts to grandpappy.  You must have done something right Neil.

lazy

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:53 pm »
Lazy - "It's not "white" men, it's men, but it's not just men, it's "people in power."  It seems that people in power have become too interested in their own agendas and have forgotten "the great unwashed" that elected them." 

Agreed Lazy! whole heartedly. Like you say, it is all across the globe. Remembering in current history with sad heart, Bin Laden and Hussein, they were not white.

Neil - I think one of the things I cherish the most in my adult children, daughter 39, son 34, is our freedom as a family to discuss all the situations in our world with open opinions and no ego. That's how we raise Thinkers, also how we raise kids to find solutions.

There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 01:58:00 pm »
I just thought it was cute about bees. I agree that selfish leaders come in all colors. For a 17 year old I think she's on a good track. My kids were smarter than their parents and their kids are smarter than their parents. I figure its heading in the right direction. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »
@neill:

I thought a freshman would be 19 or so years old, but for seventeen, your granddaughter is REAL special. 

lazy

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 04:34:02 pm »
Lazy,

She turns 18 this month, but she graduated with honors and college scholarship one year early. Her 15 year old brother is in an accelerated gifted program and looks to graduate next year. MIT has already shown interest in him attending on full scholarship.

I don't have any biological children but I have 8 step children from two marriages. I have always encouraged them to form their own reasoned opinions while completely respecting the opinions of others. My parents raised me that way and I recall many discussions we had about almost any topic, way back to grade school. I was taught about the need to work for the things you want and need and to always offer a helping hand to those in need.
  All those young'uns grew up to be hard-working, self-reliant, responsible parents. Their mothers had much more to do with how they turned out but I'd like to think I didn't hurt.
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline rcannon

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 08:45:35 pm »
I respect your granddaughter's opinion, but the greatest abuse of power I have ever seen has not been by a white man.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 09:21:15 pm »
That's nice to hear Neil! My hubby too. He's been dependable and always available. I'm a lucky girl  ;) 8)
There Is Peace In The Queendom