Beekeeping > Swarms, Cut Outs, Trap Outs and Bee Trees

Swarm Kit.....

(1/12) > >>

riverbee:
ok all you swarm trappers, catchers and swarm police......errr swarm coppers!....... :D
what's in your go to swarm kit?  what do you take with you or keep in your vehicles to capture swarms.....? 
mine is pretty meager, i don't like climbing trees or ladders....

sort of like the commercial 'what's in your wallet' or peeking into another fisher's fly box for their essentials and maybe a secret weapon or two....... :D

what's in your swarm kit? share pix and lists of what you use.......!  know there are many photos of what all have developed to use, but share them again here......good thread for those starting out and can get some ideas!

iddee:
A 10 frame hive, a 5 frame nuc, and lemongrass oil.

AND A NEARLY 70 YEAR OLD TOO DUMB TO STAY OFF LADDERS AND OUT OF TREES.

blueblood:
....ha!  Anyway, nuc with 2-3 frames, lemon grass oil, queen clip, suit/veil/gloves.  Oh, and, strap to keep lid on, mesh for front entrance and duct tape or tacs to keep the screen on.

riverbee:
"AND A NEARLY 70 YEAR OLD TOO DUMB TO STAY OFF LADDERS AND OUT OF TREES."

or cherry pickers iddee......... :D :D :D

dave, couldn't help myself, you bring a new term to swarm catchers........SWARM COPPERS!!!!...... :D

keep the posts coming!

rcannon:
I have a 5 gallon bucket with some old brood comb melted in the bottom. I used a hole saw to cut 4 or 5 holes in it and hot glued #8 mesh wire over them. Done the same to the lid.
Once they're in the bucket I can pop the lid on and don't have to fret about it coming off on the way home.  I had that happen once. It wasn't pretty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version