Author Topic: My 5,000th post!  (Read 6743 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
My 5,000th post!
« on: May 02, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »
I realized a day or so ago I was close, and I wanted to do something a little different to mark the day.
The following picture says it all folks.

It is how this place was conceived, started, run, and continuously maintained, with this guy being "almost" solely responsible. Without Iddee, this place would not exist, and many of us would either be elsewhere, or more likely have just dropped out in an attempt to avoid the strife that seems to be in other places. It was his idea to start a place for beekeepers to hang out, run by people who actually kept bees, and with input from the members themselves.

If there is anybody who puts more time into this place, I haven't seen it. I do know that the man runs on about 4 hours sleep, staying up way later than I do, and then gets up around 4 am to check out things here, then maybe goes back to sleep until breakfast. This place is his baby, and he watches over it like any parent would.

So, to make a long story short, I dedicate my 5,000th post to Iddee! Thank you Sir!

"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter
The following users thanked this post: Zulu

Offline Mikey N.C.

• Gold Member
Re: My 5,000th post!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:25:26 pm »
Well said,Well said. Thanks to both of you, and everyone else.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:39:35 pm »
 :yah: :agree:
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 03:45:36 pm »
What A Great Photo! Love you Mr. Wizard  ;) 8)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 03:57:13 pm »
 You did good Perry by including Iddee for your 5000 post, I can say I enjoy hearing from both of you.

Ken

Offline Mikey N.C.

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 04:32:45 pm »
Jen, it's like when they pulled the curtains back to expose the true OZ  ;D  :o

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 05:26:16 pm »
That pic show a master in his element. Thanks Iddee, Perry and all that stand behind them. ;D :yes:

Offline Dunkel

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 06:12:17 pm »
Thanks to you both,  I really appreciate all that both of you do for this place.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 06:40:21 pm »
Mikey, Yep! I've been calling him Mr. Wizard for 4 years now. He has a joke about a wizard, but I shouldn't be the one to tell it  :-[
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 07:52:30 pm »
Something I've never understood. Why does the CEO always get the credit when the overseers and rank & file do all the work. All I did was open the forum and pick the best mods I ever knew. They, and the members, have done it all and deserve the credit, not me.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein
The following users thanked this post: Zulu

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 08:22:03 pm »
"Something I've never understood. Why does the CEO always get the credit when the overseers and rank & file do all the work. All I did was open the forum and pick the best mods I ever knew. They, and the members, have done it all and deserve the credit, not me."

cuz you deserve it iddee........all you did?  look at all those you have helped in keeping bees.  you didn't just open a forum........you opened your brain for pickin' and shared your immense knowledge of bees with WORLDWIDE BEEKEEPERS!
also you are here and monitoring every post sun up to sun down and then some; 24 7.........so what perry said....

"It is how this place was conceived, started, run, and continuously maintained, with this guy being "almost" solely responsible. Without Iddee, this place would not exist, and many of us would either be elsewhere, or more likely have just dropped out in an attempt to avoid the strife that seems to be in other places. It was his idea to start a place for beekeepers to hang out, run by people who actually kept bees, and with input from the members themselves."

thanks perry, awesome photo! and congratulations on the 5,000 post! we wouldn't be here if it hadn't been for iddee!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:00 pm »
While your post, Perry, describes and exalts iddee's work here on WWBeekeeping, it also illustrates the selfless acts, one after another, that you and the other pillars of this site do to advance the backyard beekeeper.  We even have a commercial operator sharing with us now, thanks to all the staff and membership and the good karma residing here.    :goodjob:
Lee_Burough
The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 11:31:54 pm »
Thanks to both of you, iddee even makes a liberal feel welcome :yes: Thanks to you to perry old buddy,5000 post :o I wonder how many of those we totally agreed on :occasion14: :laugh: Jack

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2016, 12:55:09 pm »
Who said LIBERAL?   Oops, I guess I'd better let that go, or risk iddee's wrath.   :t3825:

Jack, I still haven't forgotten that you helped my find the other site and now this site when I watched your yt video on the bushkillvac.  Thank you.  :)
Lee_Burough

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »
Of course we welcome liberals. It makes us conservatives feel superior when they are around.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 03:19:34 am »
LOL

Agree with Perry and Mrs. River. If all you did was start it and walk away, then maybe feeling you didnt deserve any credit might be true.   The difference is, you didnt walk away, YOU chose the mods...   And.. God forbid someone doesnt get on for a week or so.. they get a phone call and get chewed out over the phone.     In a good way of course, politically correct, with well thought out reasoning, seemingly rehearsed ahead of time, and then of course the threat of bodily harm before the call is done.
    Might just have to vanish for a while and MAKE you drive up here..   Getting thrashed would be worth the visit!!!      ;D
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:21 am »
Congrats Perry!  I always look forward to your and idee's input here!
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 04:34:07 pm »
The unsolicited, yet always positive approach that is obvious in all of the previous posts, is what makes this forum so super special. 
Carry on EVERYONE! 

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 05:21:00 pm »
Just 5,000.  It seems like a lot more.  :)  We have all benefited from Perry's expertise and good humor.  Even if this forum is a work of love, it has still taken a lot of Perry's time and energy.  I appreciate that, and I would wager that most all of the folks on this forum would agree.  I have never read an unkind word printed by Perry.  That says a lot to me.  Perry lives by the quote:  "If you can't say something good about a person, don't say anything."  I wish more of us acted accordingly.  Thanks for being here Perry.

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »
Hey Lazy, perry has threaten to come down and beat me up, does that count as a kind word. ;D Jack