Author Topic: Video Editing  (Read 11576 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Video Editing
« on: January 05, 2014, 09:36:52 am »

What do you all use?
   I'd like to be able to cut/crop Add text and add commentary. 
   Slow motion and some other effects would be nice. Not sure whats available in a free editor or if I should break down and buy something to get what I want?
   You have to admit.. Seeing.. "Someone" Run out to their hives in their underwear, complete with slow motion (to see the muscles flexing!) with my...   Errrr..  THEIR, wife giggling like a lunatic as she filmed would hit a lot of funny bones..
   Starting to plan some Vids, but the planning is sort of dependent on what I can do with them.  Thanks for any advice!!
   Scott
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Finally Home

Re: Video Editing
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:04 am »
Sounding similar to a snow dance I heard of  :o :o

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:52:31 am »
Yes, only without the snow!!!

Had to do with... someone, checking the hives LATE one evening... and forgetting.. somehow, to put two of the SUPERS back on the hives, which he had set behind himself as he worked, and not noticing until.. cup of coffee in hand, he stepped over to the window to look at the hives the next morning........  Door left open, FULL cup of coffee DROPPED about three steps past the porch.....  Your ...  HIS, wife running to see what the heck the "OH SHEET!!!!!" was for.. then giggling maniacally as you, err  HE danced about nearly naked among the bees now happily robbing those supers??
   Have you ever wondered HOW your... friend, managed to survive this long being so stupid???
   Apparently, HIS wife keeps him JUST for the entertainment value....

*Sponsor*

Offline Finally Home

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:18 am »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds a lil like a guy I know (he don't live anywhere near me though) :-[ :-[

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 11:27:07 am »
lazy, i use the windows movie maker that came with vista, and loaded it on my win 7 pc, i hated the new one that came with win 7.  i think you can still download this.  it has some great editing features, like those you mentioned. i'll look at what version this is and post back.
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 01:33:20 pm »
Windows movie maker is a good editing tool, many features on it. Once you learn all of those then move on up.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 01:37:19 pm »
That is what i use.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 06:24:32 pm »
I use Corel Video studio they have a 30 day free trial and it is fairly inexpensive. Once you register on their site you get emails on special sales.
I use Corel paint shop pro for photo editing and enhancement it has all the features adobe photoshop has with a way shorter learning curve.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 09:16:25 am »
downloaded the windows one, currently trying to figure it out...  this should be interesting!!!!

*Sponsor*

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 07:57:14 pm »
Oooo, this is right up my alley. When I'm not a beekeeper ;), I teach Video Production in the local high school. I really enjoy it and I get to do what I know. I teach Final Cut Pro and a little Adobe Premiere. Vegas is a really good video editing tool and it's not terribly expensive. I have looked for years to find a free version online, but alas, no. Good luck with the editing, lazy!

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 07:47:03 pm »
ok, tb or apis you wizard video guys, i don't have any special software for editing videos, (just use windows movie maker 6, works great! and like apis i use corel paint shop pro for photos).  my question is, i took some video of dolphins while in florida from a digital camera, and upon transferring to my pc, i am seeing vertical lines in the videos where the sun is, and sun reflection off the water.  i am guessing this is from the sun 'flare', and the camera's sensor was overloaded (no polarization option). can this be 'fixed' or 'corrected' with video software?
Forum Sponsor

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 08:29:00 pm »
Most of the time, something can be added to a video to enhance it's look. Taking something out of a video is an entirely different matter. I have not been very successful improving video that had issues to begin with. There may be some filters that you can use, but usually you get what you pay for in that respect. You might want to check out movavi.com. It's $60 which is pretty good and it has a fair amount of tools to help you video look better. You can download a trial copy, but it has a watermark.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:37:21 pm »
thanks tb, i have been doing a little research on this, first time i encountered it, but was filming directly into the sun. 
Forum Sponsor