Author Topic: UT Arboretum bee tree  (Read 3736 times)

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
UT Arboretum bee tree
« on: December 05, 2013, 12:07:31 am »
Crackerbee and me got this bee tree from the UT Arboretum in Oak Ridge, TN. Crackerbee was up visiting from FL and had only had bees for a few months prior to this. Just the tail end of the cut out.
[youtube:1eex5xjo][/youtube:1eex5xjo]
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: UT Arboretum bee tree
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:41:19 pm »
great video g!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 09:50:59 pm »
Thanks for the video, enjoyed it.  I have a couple bee trees waiting for me.  Hope they make it through till spring.

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:44:13 pm »
Thanks. Crackerbee's daughter lives just across the river and he came to visit her when they first moved up here. Next thing I knew he was knocking on my door. We went on a cut out that went bust because the owner did not want us to cut into the wall. Not wanting to disappoint him I had cut out this bee tree a couple of weeks earlier and needed to get it out of the woods, it was on a hiking trail. The nice folks at the Arboretum used their tractor to load it on the trailer. We had a blast!
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.