Author Topic: Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Salmon  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Salmon
« on: April 29, 2015, 08:51:45 am »
I saw this on the internet, changed it up a little bit and I think I have a winner that riverbee can use while fishing and camping in Alaska.   Since you make a foil packet to cook the fish in, I don't see why this couldn't go on top of a campfire too.  It also makes a moist salmon to try at home.

Hazelnut and almond crusted Salmon
2 salmon filets or 6 oz per person
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1/3 cup raw almonds
Honey
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Crush the nuts in a ziploc bag or food processor.  Be careful not to chop too fine.  You will be making a crust on top of the fish with the nuts.
Lightly cover the salmon in olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
Cut foil large enough to make a packet out of for each piece of fish.  I lightly coated the foil with olive oil to prevent sticking.  Place the salmon on top of the foil.
Sprinkle the top of the fish with the crushed nuts and then drizzle the top of the nuts with about 1 Tablespoon of honey.
Fold up the foil to make a little sealed packet and place directly on the baking rack of the oven.  Bake until done, about 15-20 minutes.
Wrapping each piece of fish separately will quicken the cooking time.

As hazelnuts are expensive and hard to find (around here), I froze the unused chopped and whole nuts for another time.  The quantities of nuts listed are generous. 

The following users thanked this post: riverbee

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: Hazelnut & Almond Crusted Salmon
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:59:49 pm »
wow, mmm, mmmmm! this sounds good bakers! thank you!  i LOVE salmon! we have it at least once a week in our household.
will have to try this out at on the grill!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor