Author Topic: Good Evening Post  (Read 104649 times)

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Re: Good Evening Post
« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2018, 07:14:14 pm »
B12, when Mom came at you with clenched teeth you knew you were going to get a GOOD ONE  :o My Mother-in-law started out that way,but when she chased me around the Table she would get tickled and lay her wooden spoon down BUT, i kept an eye on her.  8) Squirt has that look down to a fine ART!!! Or, do all Mothers get that look? Jack

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2018, 07:31:39 am »
B12, when Mom came at you with clenched teeth you knew you were going to get a GOOD ONE

I remember that look!   ;D  Now, I miss her.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #482 on: November 10, 2018, 11:44:02 pm »
naw it's the wooden spoon........ :D
and my mother had a pretty good look too...... :D 

my mom had the wooden spoon until she broke it on one of my brothers chasing him around and broke it taking a swing at him and hit something else........ :D

one year for christmas, we wrapped her up a wooden spoon crafted out of oak or hickory (can't remember ?).........
she still uses that to this day for cooking rather than chasing and spanking......... :D

i read the chat tonight, how cold everyone is, we were at 0 degrees F this mornin'. it warmed up to about 19 d F.
i can't exactly wear shorts and flip flops and gearing up and putting extra clothes on does not make me happy. 

we had chores to get done. it had rained a bit, froze and then snow on top of that, about 3 or 4 inches.
one of our chores and because i was lazy when it was warmer, we drove the 4 wheel horse and a trailer down to the river to collect MY campfire rocks around our campfire pit AND a pretty good size stack of fire wood. the campfire rocks and some of the firewood were nearly frozen to the ground.  the mister says leave it. well the floods will take the rocks and the firewood downstream in the spring. i like my campfire rocks, i spent a lot of time picking them out and hauling them and arranging them. they get moved every year.  some conversation about this, this morning, but he is always happy to accommodate me  when i point out other things......... :D

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2019, 05:23:47 pm »
Just lost my Aunt... one of those things that has kept me busy and away from here, dealing with the loss and her family...    Fond memories now,,, she didn't use a wooden spoon, when her son and I got to causign mischief,, she came after us with the pancake turner!   IT WAS ALWAYS AMAZING that you can see the EXACT pattern in your skin from that pancake turner even three DAYS after it whacks you!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #484 on: January 27, 2019, 01:34:09 pm »
Lazy, i know what your talking about !!! My Grade school principle showed me a flat paddle with a handle about 11/2 ft. long with several 3/4 in. holes drilled all over the long flat working part of it  :-\ And told me where every hole where it would hit my BUTT  would leave a mark or a Blister  :yes: That if i was sent to her one more time that she would use it on me :o I never bothered her anymore :no:  :laugh: Jack

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #485 on: January 27, 2019, 04:10:07 pm »
LOL yep, it only took once for me to make sure I LISTENED when that first warning yell sounded

*Sponsor*

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2019, 06:35:22 pm »
Tonight, temps are forecast to be -22 with 20 mph winds for a wind chill effect of -51 degrees...

Weather service;
One of the coldest arctic air mass intrusions in recent memory is surging south into the Upper Midwest before spreading across much of the eastern two-thirds of the country. Through late week, expect frigid temperatures, bitterly cold and life-threatening wind chills, likely leading to widespread record lows and low maximum temperatures from the Upper Midwest to the Great Lakes and Ohio Valley.

I think it is time to move south.

*Sponsor*

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2019, 07:00:52 pm »
Nah, just put a pie in the oven, pot of soup on the stove, wear something warm and comfy, sip tea and stoke the fireplace.  No place I'd rather be.
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2019, 08:10:12 pm »
Only going down to 20 here tonight. I think I'll go swimming.  So much nicer than when I lived up there. They were selling T-shirts that said ""I survived the blizzards of 1979.""
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2019, 09:58:57 pm »
Tonight, temps are forecast to be -22 with 20 mph winds for a wind chill effect of -51 degrees...

Weather service;
One of the coldest arctic air mass intrusions in recent memory is surging south into the Upper Midwest before spreading across much of the eastern two-thirds of the country.

I think it is time to move south.

Come on down. You’ll need only one jacket. But you gotta get used to these really weird roller coaster temps. 30’s tonight, 50’s tomorrow, 70’s next week, and likely back into the 50’s by the end of next week.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #490 on: January 30, 2019, 02:56:34 am »
When I think of the cold you northeners are're going through, I break out in a sweat. In my neck of the woods, the coldest it's been so far this winter is 2.7 C (=almost 37 F).  I feel for you frozen keeps.    Try thinking of the summer heat to warm you up a bit.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #491 on: January 30, 2019, 07:56:45 pm »
hehe its -20 tonight.. COLD out there... BUT, it looks like Sinday it will be 55 degrees?  really odd weather

*Sponsor*

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #492 on: January 30, 2019, 08:39:18 pm »
Making up sugar cakes today and tomorrow, getting ready for Sunday.
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.