General Discussion > Any and Every Thing

How do you keep pushing when you can't want to

(1/8) > >>

Grandma Bear:
I've been burning the candle at both ends for quite a long while now and finally have gotten to the place where I've accomplished so many things, but then in order to keep things rolling those accomplishments mean gathering more energy and momentum. I've found myself the last few days just DRAGGING to get the basics done and then I'm out of steam and can't make myself want to go out to the bee shed and get the equipment counted, cleaned and ready for the season. I have got to find some energy and motivation soon! How do y'all fight off the lack of energy and motivation when it hits...or am I the only one who has these spells?

iddee:
A boyfriend will fix you right up.   :yes:  ;D ;D

Grandma Bear:

--- Quote from: iddee on January 08, 2021, 03:47:21 pm ---A boyfriend will fix you right up.   :yes:  ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure about that Iddee...he would be more likely than not to slow me down. The last one did his best to run me to financial ruin and just wanted a free farmhand/housekeeper/babysitter with a checkbook.

One thing I've learned since becoming single 5 years ago is that the majority of fellas (at least the one's I've met) have no interest in being helpful to me...they prefer the reverse where I cater to them and pamper them and treat them like a king and have no interests or duties of my own. I've become my own person and it's going to take one hades of a man to make me want to share my life with them at all. All of that said, I'll be honest enough to say that I've only dated 4 fellas in the past 5 years....so maybe Mr helpful gentleheart will appear one day but I ain't holding my breath. I left my doormat for a man days behind along with my floor length skirts and inability to tell a fella to kick rocks.

I'm just trying to figure out how to keep pushing myself to get things done when the things keep multiplying but my time and energy dwindle.

RAST:
Well Grandma Bear, the difference is in, dare I say it, love. Love of you and not what you can provide.

Bakersdozen:
I hope this doesn't come across as implying your old, because I am not!
There is no shame in scaling back on some things.  Perhaps it would be better to do a project well and enjoy the accomplishment rather than to drag yourself through several projects you resent doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version