Author Topic: Bee Venom Therapy, or BVT  (Read 40021 times)

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
    • Ramblings, Rants, & Ravings
Re: Bee Venom Therapy, or BVT
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 09:49:09 pm »
Robo!! Amber Rose?? Wow! Her book is the one I use when working with my clients! Marvelous book! You were in good hands my friend!

And what a journey in healing you went thru. How are you now?

Amber is one of the kindest people I have ever met.  Her level of compassion desire to help people is remarkable.   I was fortunate enough to live about 15 miles from her.  I provided her bees for her classes and actually gave her a hive of bees to treat people at her house.  I don't believe she ever charged anyone for bee stinging.  She has since sold her house in Woodstock and I believe now lives in Long Island.   I understand she just released an updated version of her book a few weeks ago.

I am doing well now, thanks.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 10:32:24 pm »
I got the shot at the upper hip lower back area just to the right of my spine. Not sure what it did but some days was hard to stand up.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 10:34:22 pm »
I must have a copy of her new version. I'll see if I can locate one, maybe Amazon?

I don't charge for stings or bees either. It's a labor of love.
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 10:36:27 pm »
G3- can you define what made your right lower back hurt before you got the cordizone shot?

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 10:47:48 pm »
two herniated disk

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 01:00:27 am »
How long ago did you have this cort shot?

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 04:28:29 am »
July of 2010 was when I got the cort shot.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »
G3- Are you still in pain from the hern disc?

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 03:12:37 pm »
Blue- regarding your brother in law and assuming that he lives in Indiana: Here is a list of apitherapists in Indiana. This list comes from the American Apitherapy Society. There may be more in your state that don't belong to AAS. Also, I can get names from most all the other states as well.

Chlipala Mary
Apitherapist
 Beekeeper
 Patient/Family Member
 English
 IN United States
mchlipala@hotmail.com
812-613-0553

Myers Cathy
Beekeeper
 Wabash
IN United States
myersc@iquest.net
317-697-0747

Gucinski Cheryl
Apitherapist
 Beekeeper
 Bloomington
IN United States
cgucinski@comcast.net

Bell Robert D
Apitherapist
 Beekeeper
 Carmel
IN United States
rbell1128@yahoo.com
317-733-2133 ext.505 pitherapist in Indiana.

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2013, 05:53:18 pm »
I just have to watch what I do. No constant pain. Standing or sitting in certain ways will not last long. Sleep is short lived, that is why you will see me on here at all kinds of odd hours. Walking and stay moving seems to be the best option for the time being.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »
G3 I have chronic lower back pain, it has to do with the shape of my spine, and my vertibraes are very loose there also, so there is no solid support for my lower back. Same as you, I can't sit for too long, or bend too much. I have to remember my limitations.

However, due to the discovery of bee stings on my lower back, I am more flexible and can be without pain for longer periods of time, and I'm still able to work as a ashiatsu massage therapist, which is very physical work. Two, years ago I started stinging a couple of times a week, two bees, one on each side of my spine, about 3 inches below the belt line. Now, I sting in that area as needed, which is maybe once a month unless I've over done it, then I go back to my one week regime and that put it back in order.

Let me know if you are interested in learning how to sting your lower back, or if you would like to know who the apitherapists are in your state :) Jen

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2013, 02:04:26 pm »
I'm interested and would like to know.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2013, 05:15:05 pm »
Okay G3  :D  I would do better instructing with photo's, will be getting help from riverbee with this. I'll be back with ya asap.

Offline Crofter

• ex pressure welder/steamfitter; now a tinker
  • Location: N. Ontario, On the shore of North Channel of Lake Huron 46.00 N. Lat.
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2013, 06:49:45 pm »
For the most part I have been avoiding getting stung but I would give a trial to some stings for my back and shoulders problems. People write books about "barefoot beekeeping" may be I could do one on bare backed beekeeping if it worked! :-\

One of my old farrier books had an article on heated needling around the coronet of horses with lameness. The theory was that a strong counter irritant would increase blood flow and natural release of the bodies own pain killers to the area. Fight fire with fire eh!
Frank

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 07:03:55 pm »
Crofter that makes a lot of sense to me.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 09:47:17 pm »
Hi Crofter! It actually isn't a theory my friend, it's a fact! A bee sting is the same as hitting your thumb with a hammer. When this happens, the brain says "Oh My Gosh! That Hurt!" (leaving out explitives) and instantly sends a whopping message to the adrenal glands, which sit right above the kidneys. The adrenal glands instantly send out a whopping dose of cortisol, which is cortizone, which is the bodies own natural pain killer. This action that the adrenal glands administer helps us cope with, or keep our sanity if you will, until we can get help.

When was the last time you got a sting from a bee?

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2013, 10:36:26 pm »
 "I would do better instructing with photo's"

jaybird, here's how to post your pics to this thread, go here (also sent you a pm):
posting pictures how to
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 09:32:39 am »
I continue to see accomplished beekeepers working bees without gloves.  In my efforts to follow in their steps, I receive quite a few stings on my hands.  The stings burn a bit at first, but in 20 or so minutes there is no evidence of the sting.  Rarely, do I have any swelling or lasting redness from a sting.  And, yes, I have arthritis, especially bothersome in my hands, and the stings do not provide any relief them.  I am into my third year with bees, and I see no improvement in my health due to bee stings.   

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 12:20:29 pm »
Hi Lazy, curious, is there anything you do that helps diminish the arthritis in your hands?

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »
I have a question for you experts.  I noticed in the 1970's that bee stings helped my hands and arms feel better.  I went 20 years without stings and bees before coming back to beekeeping in 2011.  I have osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis,  and gout in my hands. 

I work BeeWeaver bees without gloves to have a steady dose of venom going, and it helps a lot.  One cortizone injection at the base of a thumb is all I wanted in this life time.  I've been taking stings in summer and taking celebrex in winter. 

Question:  How can I manage the frequency of stings to keep a good response and get the pain relief.  Said another way, How long will the stings keep the pain away (asking about the efficacy of long term BVT)?  I notice that I do not respond to the sting as much as I did last year.

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:57:07 pm by Lburou »
Lee_Burough