Author Topic: All I want for Christmas is...  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
All I want for Christmas is...
« on: December 17, 2020, 07:36:56 pm »
  ;) If you were setting on Santa's lap at the mall, what would you ask for? It doesn't have to be honey bee related, but can be since this is a beekeeping forum.  ;D

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: All I want for Christmas is...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 12:53:19 pm »
Well I don't sit on Santa's lap anymore because the last time I did that I was in my 30's. Santa said "Well hello there young lady, have a seat here on my knee and let's talk about the first thing that comes up"  ;D

However, if it is truly Santa with Mrs. Santa by his side, I would ask for a remodeled kitchen  :)

There Is Peace In The Queendom
The following users thanked this post: Bakersdozen

Offline Grandma Bear

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 09:46:37 pm »
All I want for Christmas is time! I'm always short on time...and I'm tired of not having time for things I care about. Folks gotta earn a living, but I would like to have the time to go see all of the family and friends that live far away and we haven't seen in a long time...without having to be in a rush. I want to go see all of the  things I haven't gotten to see yet and take my grandbabees with me. I want to not be slave to time and limited by time and driven to madness to try and "save" time.

But I will gladly settle for a happy and healthy family. 3 of the 5 in our house have covid....we are hoping to be recovered and test negative before Christmas so that my 2 boys can come see their momma bear and some of the grandbabees can come see us for a little bit too. Pretty please Santa, we really have been as good as we know how this year.
The following users thanked this post: Bakersdozen

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 03:08:40 pm »
That is a wonderful sentiment! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau
The following users thanked this post: Grandma Bear

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 10:14:58 am »
I would ask for good health for family and myself.  My husband had a series of biopsies and a tonsillectomy, right before Thanksgiving, the last biopsy came back positive yesterday.  His surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday.  That will be followed by radiation treatments for 6-7 weeks.  They found cancer in a lymph node by his tonsils.  The doctor swears the surgery won't be as painful as the tonsillectomy.  The tonsillectomy was pretty hard a 66 year old guy.  It was caught early, so we are very hopeful. The hardest part has been telling the kids.

Offline Gypsi

• Fishkeeper first, beekeeper second
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 11:50:11 am »
All of us to make it into 2021.   One son in law is an essential worker and has brought covid home. So my youngest daughter and her family are quarantined as of Monday this week.  I'll drop a box of gifts and groceries on the porch later today.
Fishkeeper first, beekeeper second

Offline Grandma Bear

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 01:06:14 pm »
I would ask for good health for family and myself.  My husband had a series of biopsies and a tonsillectomy, right before Thanksgiving, the last biopsy came back positive yesterday.  His surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday.  That will be followed by radiation treatments for 6-7 weeks.  They found cancer in a lymph node by his tonsils.  The doctor swears the surgery won't be as painful as the tonsillectomy.  The tonsillectomy was pretty hard a 66 year old guy.  It was caught early, so we are very hopeful. The hardest part has been telling the kids.

Many prayers for y'all Bakersdozen. I wouldn't begin to know how to give my kids that kind of news. They are all grown now and scattered across a few counties, but they all still feel like they need their old momma. Hopefully soon you will look back at this as another one of the challenges life threw at you and y'all kicked down.

Offline Grandma Bear

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 01:13:01 pm »
All of us to make it into 2021.   One son in law is an essential worker and has brought covid home. So my youngest daughter and her family are quarantined as of Monday this week.  I'll drop a box of gifts and groceries on the porch later today.

Agreed Gypsi! My SIL is a middle school teacher and just returned from being deployed for over 6 months on covid relief, was back in the classroom 1 day and tested positive 5 days later, I got sick 2 days after him, now the grandbabee boys both have it...one is 4 and one is 9 months. So far DD is negative and we are counting that as extra blessing and praying she stays that way because she is 20 week along with grandbabee #3. We were supposed to be able to come out of quarantine today, but since the littlest one didn't get sick until yesterday we have to start all over again. AT least a month in quarantine for us...the only situation in life that makes me almost miss living in town where you could easily have things delivered. We are at least 30 minutes from anywhere with a grocery store and fortunate to have neighbors who have been wonderful about dropping things off at the garage door for us.

Offline Gypsi

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 12:00:09 am »
That's hard, when the little ones get sick, and with her pregnant Grandma.  Prayers for all.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 09:48:09 am »
I am so sorry to hear about your Covid related problems Gypsi and G'ma Bear. 
People will talk about 2020 for years to come.  The history books will include this mess and they won't be kind in respects to public health, politics, human rights, record # of forest fires, etc.

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 12:30:49 am »
All I want for Christmas is time! I'm always short on time...and I'm tired of not having time for things I care about. Folks gotta earn a living, but I would like to have the time to go see all of the family and friends that live far away and we haven't seen in a long time...without having to be in a rush. I want to go see all of the  things I haven't gotten to see yet and take my grandbabees with me. I want to not be slave to time and limited by time and driven to madness to try and "save" time.

But I will gladly settle for a happy and healthy family. 3 of the 5 in our house have covid....we are hoping to be recovered and test negative before Christmas so that my 2 boys can come see their momma bear and some of the grandbabees can come see us for a little bit too. Pretty please Santa, we really have been as good as we know how this year.

When I was working and in graduate school, Time was what I wished for.  A clever member of our office drew my name for the Christmas party and gave me an hourglass.  It is one of the top ten best Christmas presents I've ever received.  I still treasure that hourglass. 
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline Grandma Bear

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 10:51:08 am »

With 5 grown kids and 10 grandkids spread across the middle section of the state, schools starting and stopping and kids needing MeMaw to come sit with them, helping here on the ranch, running 2 businesses, and homeschooling one of the grandboys I am constantly out of time. It's always bothered me. When I was young and with each pregnancy as I grew my family I had recurring nightmares that all of the clocks stopped and no one knew how to function without keeping track of time. I am blessed to have friends and family who live all over this country, some are too old or ill to travel and I want my grandkids to know them before they leave this earth, and selfishly I want to be able to travel and see these wonderful folks who have space in my heart for myself. I'm blessed to be able to enjoy this time with my family, and I'm fortunate to be able to run back and forth across the middle of the state to spend time with all of the kids and grands. Of all of the folks I've known who have passed on, I don't know one who didn't wish for more time.

When I was working and in graduate school, Time was what I wished for.  A clever member of our office drew my name for the Christmas party and gave me an hourglass.  It is one of the top ten best Christmas presents I've ever received.  I still treasure that hourglass.

Offline Gypsi

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 12:24:55 pm »
My daughter and her family are fully recovered from covid, no hospitalizations, no deaths.  This is good. I got my Christmas wish.

But the granddaughter, while testing positive, never looked sick or had one symptom. She is 10. If I were a teacher I would not want to go back to school

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 05:02:58 pm »
Glad to hear it, Gypsi!  I have a family full of teachers.  No, it is not easy for them.

Offline Grandma Bear

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 07:41:01 pm »
Glad to hear y'all are well Gypsi. We've all shaken it off except for a lingering bit of fatigue. The 4 year old had it the worst and ended up on antibiotics as the rest of us were getting well, he had ended up with a secondary infection but because of the way that covid kills of the white blood cells his little body couldn't fight it off. He's still feeling pretty rugged, but he has a good momma who is tending him. Thankfully my pregnant DD didn't get it...we can't think of a  single reason why not except that she loves her God and He hears her pray. Son in law is a teacher and it's back to classes for him tomorrow...or as he says, the beginning of another wave.