Beekeeping > Products Of The Hive

What are you making?

(1/5) > >>

Bakersdozen:
Is anyone making any lotions, balms, salves, etc in preparation for winter?  Tell us what you are working on.

tedh:
I'll be making more lip balm soon and have already made four dozen 3" votives and four dozen 8" hand dipped tappers but the project I'm most excited about is my Advent Wreath.  It'll use four 1.5" X 9" pillars and one 3" X 9.5" pillar.  I'm experiencing a learning curve on both but think I've got the smaller candle worked out.  The large candle contains 2 pounds of wax and presents more of a challenge.  I'm super excited about it and think I'll have it worked out soon.  My intention is to post a pick when its lit and burning in all it's glory.  Thanks for the post Bakersdozen!  Ted

Bakersdozen:
FYI if you use avocado oil for your lip balm, it will turn out green.  Back to the drawing board.

I am also hoping to make the tops of the lip balm look more professional.  Advice?  Anyone?

tedh:
Maybe, when i can quit laughing! Ooh ahhhahahah!  God that's funny!

tedh:
I'm sorry bakersdozen.  Not sure why that struck me so funny but it surely did.  I haven't got any suggestions as I'm still plugging along myself, but i do want to thank you.  It's comforting to be reminded that none of us where born knowing about this stuff and trying new things often leads to, unforseen outcomes.  I appreciate you sharing your unforseen outcome with us.  Thank you, Ted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version