Author Topic: Lets see your winter bee projects!  (Read 20480 times)

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Lets see your winter bee projects!
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
I like the tags on the necks of the bottles, Great idea!
I have to do it that way, otherwise it would take forever to find what i wanted. (I have a lot of home made wine). you can get them online - just type in cellar tags. 

After this next week I hope to be able to post a bit more on the lines of the rest of you - my tools are calling my name ;D
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2015, 08:27:14 am »
Perry,, now you know why I get my stuff pre-assembled, pre-painted lol

Barry, you're supposed to do the woodworking first, then tie into the mead! :laugh:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2015, 01:19:47 pm »
LOL @ Cpn..
   I have been so busy making stuff for other folks I havent gotten around to my own stuff yet. Starting to get annoyed too!

So my kids "owed" me some work (aside from being my kids)...  I keep trying to plug away a little at a time to clean my shop... it just wasn't happening.  So I recruited them to help.  Well, they kicked me out because I was too slow.  They moved most everything out, swept, put everything back onto the workbench, grouped by what it was I had lying around (loose screws, drill bits, saw blades, etc...)  and walked away.  Now I need to go put everything where it belongs.

Maybe I can start my projects soon!

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2015, 07:34:51 pm »
When my son and daughter drop in, they always ask if we need any help with anything before they go, i ask if they would clean my shop for me? I get that pressed lip, eyes looking skyward, look as they walk to there car and say, YOUR ON YOUR OWN there dad. Why do they ask if they don't mean it. ??? Jack

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »
"So my kids "owed" me some work (aside from being my kids)... I keep trying to plug away a little at a time to clean my shop... it just wasn't happening.  So I recruited them to help.  Well, they kicked me out because I was too slow.  They moved most everything out, swept, put everything back onto the workbench, grouped by what it was I had lying around (loose screws, drill bits, saw blades, etc...)  and walked away.  Now I need to go put everything where it belongs."

LOL!.......... :D
disorganized the way ya had it capn to your method of madness and organization to find whatever?!.......... :D :D :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2015, 10:18:18 pm »
NOOOOO!!!!! Get OUT of my shop!    I hate it when wife decides to clean up for me.. I am hunting for things for the next YEAR at the least!
   She says I have to hunt for stuff anyhow.. Yes, she is RIGHT, but when I do have to hunt to find my stuff I KNOW its there, and I usually find it quickly, under the worn out sheets of sandpaper with the extension cord laying on top...  when SHE cleans, it somehow miraculously VANISHES, and is NEVER seen again.. I have to buy a new one,,, of whatever it was I couldnt find....My whoobie.....    and ten years later, I find the whoobie stuffed in a box under a shelf...  I hold igt up and shake it at her, and she gets affended.. "I TOLD YOU it was there!!"

thats when I seriously consider the ramifications of the death penelty.......  Seriously!!!   Safety off, safety on, safety off, safety on....  put the gun away son......
   NO cleaning my shop unless you are a GUY..  guys have this innate sense of where to put things so they can be found..  Unlike someone of the female persuasion..  to the wife, it seemed PERFECTLY acceptable to put that WHoobie that I use EVERY DAY in a box, with other junk on top of it, Under a shelf, with other stuff in front of it, none of which i ever use, but keep, just in case.....    :yes:
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2015, 10:27:57 pm »
sorry scott, but 'cleaning, organizing and finding stuff' doesn't just apply to guys.....if mine messes or trys to 'organize' my stuff, heck comes to breakfast........... :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2015, 09:57:47 am »
LOL  thank you Mrs. River..
   that will work VERY nicely.. next time she decides she wants to "clean" my space, I will go start cleaning hers!  Yall may well read about THAT in the national news!     ;D

*Sponsor*

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2015, 10:08:50 am »
Volcanoes in Iowa?? REALLY??
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2015, 01:58:26 pm »
Yep! Iowa man dies in eruption!

*Sponsor*

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2015, 05:31:46 pm »
My wife won't step anywhere near my storage shed, and boy, am I lucky for that !!!
Every few years I decide to clean it out and reorganize it.  I've never managed to complete the task, but the situation is getting serious.  This winter I had trouble finding some of the things I put away myself.  My biggest problem is that I don't like to throw things away, continue to store more and more items for the eventuality that I may need them  ---- someday ---- yet for some reason, the walls of the shed don't expand.   :'(