Author Topic: Broccoli Recipes  (Read 3734 times)

Offline LogicalBee

Broccoli Recipes
« on: March 06, 2015, 01:30:28 am »
What’s your best broccoli recipe? 

Love the broccoli at Logan’s Roadhouse but haven't figured out how to replicate that at home. :'(  I’ve tried boiling water and a steamer, but still haven’t come up with anything quite as good. 

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
Re: Broccoli Recipes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 05:23:06 am »
 They do have some great broccoli there, would love the recipe also, I love eating broccoli too.

Ken

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:13:08 pm »
Logic, I roast my broccoli with olive oil, jarred minced garlic and salt and pepper. Cut all the flowerettes off in bite size pieces, any size you want. If you like the stems cut those up too. Get a cookie sheet or 9x13 inch baking dish and put the cut up broccoli in it, spread it about. Drizzle quit a bit of olive oil over the broccoli, so that there is obvious oil on the bottom of the pan. Throw in a couple to good tablespoons of minced garlic or more if you want, plenty of salt and pepper. Get your hands in there and toss the garlic and spices real good, then spread it out again. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Then if you want that grilled or charred effect, turn on the broiler and get them a bit blackened on the tops. That what I do cause I like food a little burnt.

And just so you know, I do all of my veges this way.  ;D ;)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:45:05 pm »
My mother in law always asks that we bring this to family gatherings.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/broccoli-salad-recipe.html