Author Topic: Things you get when you shop for a wife.  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Things you get when you shop for a wife.
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:47:05 am »
 I was 38 years old when I finally found the person I wanted to annoy :laugh: for the rest of my life. I have a 30 gun safe that is just about full of long guns and pistols on shelves.
I also have 22 antique Massey Harris tractors, wait Kare owns four of them. some even do work around the property. Like plowing snow, hauling fire wood plowing and working the garden up to plant.
I even used the Allis D 17 a neighbor gave me to build our bee garden.

Ford 5000 I had before I found Kare. I was farming with my dad then.

Massey Harris 1951 model 44 that started the collection.

1953 Massey Harris model 33 one of the hardest for me to find.

1951 Massey Harris model 30.

Kare's 1954 Massey Harris pacer earning it's keep.

:)  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Things you get when you shop for a wife.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52:33 am »
Love those pics! Thanks. :photos:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:01:17 am »
Kare wanted the top tractor a 1945 Massey Harris model 20 for mothers day. I got the bottom tractor in Canada it is a 1951 Massey Harris 22 standard.

Building the bee garden with the 1961 Allis Chambers my neighbor gave me when he sold his horse farm.

top tractor is my 1949 Massey Harris model 55, bottom is my 1957 Massey Harris 555 diesel.

Top tractor is my model 30 back ground. Fore is my 1938 Massey Harris 101. Bottom is Kare's 1952 Model 44 butane.
Yes Massey sold them as butane fueled tractors and has that in the serial number. Seems at that time in Canada it wasn't propane it was called butane.

This is a few of our collection.

We also have a few lawn tractors. Sperry Rand New Holland, Ariens, Wheel Horse, Bolens, Simplicity and a sears SS12

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:31:58 am »
Some hobby, great collection:) :D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 07:52:13 am »
Great collection of old tractors.  Do you keep them in a barn?  I remember John Deere selling "butane" tractors.  One of our neighbors had one.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:56:36 am »
Excellent pictures and story..  I love to see those tractors running, and even hooked to the sled once in a while..  that tells the story all by itself.. the owner is having FUN!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 01:25:48 pm »
Great collection ally, Usually when i shop for my wife, i have to take it back and get the right size. :-X Jack

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 01:39:20 pm »
Kare got the model 20 for mothers day like she wanted. A 1941 model 81 for her birthday just as she requested.
the pacer and 44 butane were just because.

:)   Al

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 07:31:29 pm »
Some nice looking iron
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 11:00:59 pm »
I don't need,  nor will ever need to shop for a wife.  I have my terminal wife.  (did I really write that)  But I love your old tractors and your expertise.  Therefore, my question is:  Is Massey Ferguson the combination of Massey Harris and Ferguson?  Thanks in advance.

Online iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 11:09:37 pm »
I'm not Al, but I'll answer that. Massey Harris bought out Harry Ferguson ABOUT Dec., 1960. I had one of the last Fergusons made, it was made in Dec., 60.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:17 pm »
I'm not Al, but I'll answer that. Massey Harris bought out Harry Ferguson ABOUT Dec., 1960. I had one of the last Fergusons made, it was made in Dec., 60.

I don't know anyone with a Massey Ferguson.  Do they  have a good reputation for quality and longevity?  I'm in the market for a larger (100 to 120HP) tractor next year.  I see a large farm that uses them about 20 miles from my place and they seem to work well, but I do not have an in to their thinking of them.

Online iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 02:36:37 am »
I don't know anything about either the larger ones nor the later models. Here is a list of MF forums. You might find some info there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=massey+ferguson+forum&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2014, 06:45:50 am »
Massey Ferguson tractors have a fine reputation thru out the 140 countrys of the world they are sold in.
Of course they do not have the resale value that the JD brand has nor the flood of marketing out there either.

Massey Ferguson is part of AGCO Corporation. As an individual brand, it is one of the biggest names in farm equipment throughout the world with a 150 year history and heritage that confirms its leading role in global agriculture.

Massey Ferguson is truly international in its breadth of experience and sells its products in over 140 countries through a network of over 5000 dealers.
 As well as a world-beating product line, Massey Ferguson’s strength is rooted in the long-held philosophy to provide customers with much more than just a machine. A comprehensive range of support services ensures owners and operators benefit from the best possible advice and guidance before buying, and the best possible back-up once they have made their decision.

The name Massey Ferguson was coined in 1958 – a shortening of the name Massey-Harris-Ferguson. This company had been formed in 1953 after the merger of the famous North American company Massey Harris with Harry Ferguson Limited of England.

Massey-Harris merged with Harry Ferguson in 1953 and brought together their twin skills in harvesting machinery and tractor design to produce one of the world’s most powerful forces in farm equipment.

My brother has a 1959 Massey Ferguson 65 diesel he inherited from our dad that have been a very good tractor on dads farm and now my brothers use.

Online iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 08:04:06 am »
Thanks, Al. I have collected the Fergies, but have never owned a Massey, so I was kinda stumped there.
― Shel Silverstein