Author Topic: Blueblood's Successful attempt at an Observation Hive Using a Nuc  (Read 9646 times)

Offline blueblood

• Gold Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/scottshoneyandlipbalms
Re: Blueblood's Successful attempt at an Observation Hive Using a Nuc
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 06:39:53 pm »
Thanks River, Lb.  Zweefer, I am still waiting on video of the presentation to surface.  I know there were a few that took video.  I will post when I receive it.  I focused on Galatians 5:22, 23, Psalm 19:10 and Proverbs 16:24.  My wife said I took about 30 minutes.  I passed out lip balms to volunteers and those children that answered questions.  Had one fella dress up and remove the cardboard at the end of the presentation.  He and most of children (50 or so), thought the bees would escape! Ha!  Sampled honey on graham crackers and spooned honey comb from a frame for them.  They were engaged for being after 9, long day and 2/3 done with camp!  I love the education part of bees.  And guess what!  I was busy handing out honey when a counselor said, "is that the queen?"  I looked at the frame facing the children and couldn't believe it!  It was the queen!!  She stayed there for the entire evening, laying eggs and walking around.  Some new workers even hatched.  All in all, it was a pretty cool evening and experience.  I have included a video of the outside of the camp (simply because it's beautiful and peaceful) and photos/video near the presentation area inside.  You might have to turn down the audio during the end.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 10:18:46 pm »
awesome, awesome, awesome and okay corny but FAR OUT!!!!  ............. :D

thank you dave!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 08:46:27 am »
Absolutely great----one could hear the interest and excitement in the voices of the children.  You've made a big investment in the future of thosse campers. 
The following users thanked this post: blueblood