Author Topic: Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese with Honey  (Read 7215 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese with Honey
« on: December 18, 2023, 05:07:59 pm »
I don't remember where I got this recipe but I sure do like it.

Fresh Rosemary, chopped finely
Butter, enough to grill a sandwich
2 slices of bread
Goat cheese
Honey
Chopped nuts

In a pan melt the butter and saute the rosemary to infuse the flavor.  Spread the butter on 2 slices of Sourdough or bread of your choice,  I like Pepperidge Farms 15 Grain bread.
Spread goat cheese on the inside of one slice of bread and begin grilling.  Sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the goat cheese.  I use walnuts or pecans.  If your nuts are toasted it gives a little extra crunch.  Drizzle honey over the cheese and nuts.  Assemble the sandwich and your ready to eat.

I love rosemary and grow it every year in a pot.  It can take a lot of freezing temperatures, at least for a  while. 
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese with Honey
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 08:29:28 pm »
Okay, I'll be doing this!  I've got all the ingredients, and most of them homemade, except the fresh rosemary, but I'm pretty sure I freeze dried some over the summer.  I often use it in a skin scrub I make. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese with Honey
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 01:40:52 pm »
I made one of these for lunch today and it was phenomenal!  I used Pepperidge Farm Swirl, since that's what we had on hand, our homemade chevre, sourwood honey, almonds, and freeze dried rosemary.  I'd do a little less rosemary next time and maybe a stronger nut (or take the time to toast the almonds first).  I totally loved it though; it will definitely be a regular lunch for me going forward.
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.