Author Topic: UnWell on Netflix  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
UnWell on Netflix
« on: August 16, 2020, 10:13:10 am »
For those of you that have Netflix, there is a new 6 part program called UnWell.  Each segment deals with a different topic of non-traditional medicine.  Part 6 focuses on Apitherapy and the various reasons for applying bee stings.  The segment is less than 1 hour long.  It seems that there is a growing number of people seeking relief from the effects of long term, undiagnosed Lyme disease. 

As I watched the program, last night, I kept thinking how the bee sting on my left ankle, from Thursday, sure has alleviated the arthritis in my foot!  Left foot feels great, right foot not so much.   ;)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: UnWell on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 11:12:39 am »
The doctors wanted to operate on my neck in 2012. I refused. I have kept the pain and stiffness at bay for 8 years with bee stings.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 12:51:04 am »
Do you pick them up and then apply to the desired area iddee?
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 05:56:27 am »
Yes.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 05:14:20 pm »
I've been practicing apitherapy for 15 years now. As a matter of fact, apitherapy is what got me started with bees.  My acupuncturist suggested apitherapy from another acupuncturist that worked in the building. My next appointment the acupuncturist/apitherapist met with me and put one bee on my cranky wrist. She pre-warned me of swelling and itching. My hand and arm swelled up and itched like the dickens for 3 days. Then I had an entire week of no pain in my wrist.

I researched deeper on the process of apitherapy and why it works. It made sense to me that you get a double dose of pain free medicine with bee stings. First, the actual venom is a natural and powerful anti-inflammatory agent. One sting is like taking 50 IB Profen right now! Plus, when the brain perceives an injury to the body, like a sting, it tells the adrenal glands (right above the kidneys) to kick in with cortisone which is our body's natural stress and pain reliever.

I have arthritis through out my body, so I appreciate a sting or two a week when working my bees.

Zweefer, I am well practiced at picking bees up by the back of the wings and placing the stinger where I want pain relief, however, using a pair of tweezers really helps too. Just place the bees bottom onto the area needing a sting, wait for a second and let your own skin grab the bees stinger.
There Is Peace In The Queendom