Author Topic: Lucky  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Lucky
« on: November 10, 2014, 06:35:45 am »
Was a cold winter evening nearly dark when the phone rang. We have this cat in the back yard under a bush. It has been there all day and we had hoped it would go home but with it getting dark we wondered if ya'll would come get it.
We will be there in a bit and hank the phone up

We get dressed for the cold and snow grab the critter cage and head out. Kare being the cat person I send under the back yard shrub to get the cat. Cat wasn't having any thing to do with that stuff and came out the other side going to the road. Not wanting it to get in the road a busy one too I go around the house and cut the road off from the cat. Start calling kitty kitty and the cat comes to me. I pick HIM up and carry him to the back yard and put him in the critter carrier. We get him home put him in a bigger critter carrier with some food and water. Since the next day was Sunday we couldn't take him to the shelter, we would do it Monday.
Snow storm Sunday after noon into the night. With slick roads Kare asked if I would drive her and her mom to a doctors appointment Monday morning.  I do that then clean moms drive way as I had told dad I would take care on her before he died. Another storm Tuesday which started Monday evening had closed a lot of public places and schools. I stay home all day Tuesday and speculate on the cat Decided he had got up in some ones engine compartment rode to the KC hall that was behind the property where we got him where he got down and stayed in the back yard.
We also decided to take him to the vets On Wednesday if we could get in and have him checked out. If he was in good health we would keep him and if not decided his fait from there. Vet said he was about 6 months old and in good health. We named him lucky as we didn't have a house cat, the snow storms kept us from taking him to the shelter.
Lucky is a funny cat. Watches hockey on the TV with me and likes figure skating and watches it with Kare. 

I made this tower thingy for him. he likes to bat the golf ball and these days he will lay on the top hang over the edge to bat it.

:)  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Lucky
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 06:41:55 am »
Good name, quite fitting!  :)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline Alleyyooper

Re: Lucky
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 08:20:49 am »
Kind of thought the name fit too.

:)  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.