Author Topic: OK, OK, Maybe There is Something to Apitherapy  (Read 6928 times)

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
OK, OK, Maybe There is Something to Apitherapy
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
I have been keeping bees for some five years and have been stung many times, maybe a hundred or more times.  Maybe 200 times!  I suffer from arthritis in my hands, lower back and knees.  With all of these stings, I have never felt like the stings helped my arthritis any, not even a smidgeon.  Iddee recently stated that if I had a bee sting me on an arthritic joint, he said: "right on the knuckle that 'he bet it would ease the arthritis pain.'  Well, the other day a bee stung me "right on" the knuckle of my middle finger on my right hand.  It did help.  I could close my hand into a tight fist with no pain. That is something that I have not been able to do for the past few years.  Last year I suffered with "trigger finger" from this very finger.

I'm thinking, thinking, thinking.........

lazy

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: OK, OK, Maybe There is Something to Apitherapy
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:41:20 pm »
HA! I LOVE IT! And guess what Lazy, I've been helping a cohort sting his index finger which has been broken 2 times from being flipped over his 10 speed bike, he's now playing his guitar again  ;D

I'm guessing then, your hand didn't swell? That's Cool!
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:47:02 pm »
...I could close my hand into a tight fist with no pain. That is something that I have not been able to do for the past few years...
I've had similar results Lazy.  I told my Doctor I didn't even care if it was the placebo effect.  He smiled.   :)
Lee_Burough

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:51:28 pm »
I would never say "I told...no, I won't do it.   :D

I stung my sister-in-law for the first time about 4 weeks ago. Her neck and shoulders were so bad she never even felt it. Three days later she said it was much better, but still hurt some. I stung her again. She screamed. It had gotten that much feeling back in those 3 days. She came back for one more last week. Now, she says she is without pain for the first time in 15 years. She's been telling everybody, even her doctor. Now he is asking questions about it.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:12:32 pm »
I was in getting my hair trimmed. A woman in the salon chair next to me commented that she had an awful migraine that day. I turned and said that honeybee stings to the top of the head would take care of the migraine right now! She stared at me, looked away for a minute, then looked right at me again and said "Sure! Why Not! It can't get any worse than this anyway." So I went home, nabbed 5 bees, put them into a netted jar, grabbed the long tweezers and my epipen, and was back at the salon in 15 minutes. I applied the bees to her scalp in a circle at the top of her head, and stood back and watched her. Her face relaxed, she could turn her head to the left, and then to the right, bend her head backwards. She could roll her eyeballs around without a hammer hitting her in head.

All's she said was "Wow!... Trippy!" She gave me a hug and a $20 spot, and walked out of the salon pain free.

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 10:23:24 pm »
I would like to see a video of how one catches bees and gets them to sting.

lazy

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 10:31:34 pm »
Look for a video on catching queens. I pick them up just like adding attendants to a queen cage. They can only bend down, not sideways. I can hold them that way and press it to a certain area. They do the rest.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 12:03:22 am »
See Lazy, the bee doesn't actually do the stinging... The stinger is barbed, so all's Iddee and I have to do is touch the persons skin with the bottom of the bee, the stinger hooks itself, then gently pull the bee away. Wa La!

Offline pistolpete

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 03:06:14 am »
bee stings cured the pain in my finders, but did absolutely nothing for my elbow, except for temporary pain relief.  So for me it's been a mixed bag.  And I'd say there was no placebo effect, because I did not believe one bit that bee stings would do anything except cause pain.
My advice: worth price charged :)

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2016, 10:24:14 pm »
Had a senior citizen tell me today she had corporal tunnel and was in pain a lot. A friend got a bee to sting her on the wrist. She said it looked like someone put an egg under her skin for a few days. As the swelling went down no more pain and none sense.