Author Topic: The lost keys.....  (Read 4365 times)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
The lost keys.....
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:01:36 pm »
 The Lost Keys...

After a meeting several days ago, I couldn't find my keys. I quickly gave myself a personal "TSA Pat Down."

They weren't in my pockets. Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.

Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition.

He's afraid that the car could be stolen. As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right.

The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I reached into my purse for my cell phone and made the most difficult call of all to my husband.

" Sweetheart, I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice.

"Are you kidding me?" he barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my turn to be silent.

Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

He retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your car!"

Welcome to the golden years..........
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Marbees

Re: The lost keys.....
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:32 pm »
Oh Boy  :laugh:
Bee Remarkable

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:09 am »
 :laugh:
On the very day my lovely wife turned 50, she had the unpleasant task of doing grocery shopping. Apparently when she got to the check-out with a full cart of groceries, she realized she had left the wallet from her purse at the pet food store she had stopped at first!
I thought the coincidence was too funny, but we don't talk about it any more.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 11:59:05 am »
LOL......... :D

sorta includes locking your keys in the car, or locking yourself out of the house?.......but i have never done that......... :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »
LOL......... :D

sorta includes locking your keys in the car, or locking yourself out of the house?.......but i have never done that......... :D

Or locking your keys outside the car?

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline tefer2

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 08:16:42 am »
 :D :D :D :D

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 09:05:48 am »
The Shiny thing! GRAB, the shiny thing, and TUG on it!

Lordy that was hilarious
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:58 am »
D R A M A ~ K... so I'm going to try and be nice about this... cause I'm getting older... and I might just do something really stupid like this... 
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »
we owned a gmc yukon for a couple of years. scary thing about OnStar....
the vehicle had a propensity or a ghost of some sort and the windows would roll up and down by themselves, or lock itself.  one year i used a neighbors pole shed to extract honey, about 4 or 5 miles down the road from us. we worked until about 5ish, trying to hurry to make it to a local rod and gun club banquet at 7:00 p.m. i opened the yukon to get something out of the front seat, and laid the keys down on the console, closed the door, went to the back to throw something else in, closed the hatch.  took a couple steps and the undeniable sound of that vehicle locking the doors.   :D
guess where the cell phone was? on the dash, but there is no cell coverage in our valley.  at the time we didn't have an extra set of keys at the house.

there are 3 neighbors about 1/2 mile in distance from the pole shed.  all were gone to the banquet.  now it's dark, so we walked out to the road to walk back to the house when a young deputy sheriff whom we didn't recognize pulled up and asked us for directions to a loud party call he was sent to....anyway, he had been sent on a wild goose chase call, there was no loud party and wouldn't give us a ride back to the house!

we came across a fisherman who was just coming off the river at a nearby bridge who kindly drove us back to the house. we called onstar from the house phone. explained the situation. no problem. in 15 minutes they would unlock the vehicle for us, if we didn't call back from the yukon, they would unlock again at 20 minutes.  drove the 4 wheeler like mad back over to the yukon, and waited...
click, the doors were unlocked....
we missed the banquet.
that happened twice to us.
it was a nice vehicle but she was traded for something else. :D
Forum Sponsor

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 01:24:40 pm »
Let me understand this. It happened once and you didn't immediately go and have more keys made. Instead, you traded the vehicle off after it did it again.  OK.........................
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »
iddee, the first time it happened we had the extra key. that was the second time and the gmc dealership couldn't figure out what the problem was with the locks or the windows. the extra set of keys were in the city, at our suburban residence.  we had neglected to bring and keep extra sets of keys for the vehicles to the house in the country.

it was a lease and we purchased a truck.
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 04:54:53 pm »
yikes..  My wife liked to lock herself out of past vehicles, hasn't happened in a while.

I run older trucks for a reason. My 89 has no power locks or power windows, but the AC will run you out of the cab, as will the heat. It has cruise control and 4wd I lock in.
   My 94 actually has power windows, the power locks were unhooked. The buzzer was ripped out so i dont have to wear my seatbelt when puttering along in the field. It is also 4wd converted to manual engagement. Rubber floor mats, no carpeting. No on star, no XM Radio, no Blue tooth. The engine in the 94 is twice the engine it originally came with, so was converted to carb instead of the EFI. I have hauled a 12 ton excavator with it without issue.
   A truck, should be a truck...   
    Worse.. is the PRICE of a new truck, at least to me.  I can't see using a 30 - 40K vehicle to throw wood in, or tow poles, or bounce down old dirt roads hunting, with branches scraping the sides. Not to mention running across a chiseled field to get to a broke down tractor..   40K is more than I payed for ANY house I ever owned with the exception of the new one we are living in...
   Keep all them gizmoes for the folks who drive a truck like a Caddy, I need one that Works as hard as I do!
   My wifes dodge has so many gadgets, switches, buzzers and gizmoes in it I fear to drive it or USE it like a truck was meant to be used, and its only a matter of time before the doors get locked with the keys in it..  It is nice to plow with, but, again, I fear breaking something. It FEELS so soft.. like shaking hands with a office clerk who lays his hand in yours...   shudder
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 07:13:11 pm »
i am with you lazy, all the bells and whistles are nice, but just more things to go wrong, and for me how to figure out how to operate the thing!

i drive an older jeep, don't want a new one. the prices of these vehicles jeep or otherwise are incredible, we have gone to leasing with what he drives, with exception of a few years, but still need to be mindful of any damage.  the truck, a sierra now has served us well for hauling all sorts of stuff. it's a nice ride.

we had two vehicles that did this funny stuff with locking out and windows rolling up and down by themselves......a pathfinder and the yukon i mentioned, i am guessing the new owners of the yukon found themselves with the same problem.  and that dang thing gave us more problems than it was worth, including a bran spanking new battery going dead all the time.  gmc dealership fixed that, but could not fix the window, door locking problem.

actually looking back, you know in retrospect, some of this was funny, not funny at the time.  we would be out in the toolies somewhere fishing, get out of the vehicle, or sit and have some lunch, and all the windows would be rolling up and down by themselves, the pathfinder and the yukon.  everywhere we went in that yukon we usually carried an extra key.  imagine sitting next to your vehicle and having the windows roll up and down by themselves...... :D

in my 2000 jeep wrangler, i have a place in the engine compartment for an extra key and house key......don't ask why........ :D

as far as OnStar, heck they can tell you where you are, when you need an oil change, and that your tires are low, etc......oh but they can open your vehicle, call emergency assistance for you, if you haven't locked yourself out and give you directions if you are lost..... :D
Forum Sponsor

Offline Marbees

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 08:48:02 pm »
river, your Yukon was possessed  ??? :D
I have 2007 xl denali, no issues. So nice it makes me uncomfortable  :D Don't drive often, except when I need 4x4 or taking my girl out. ;D
My every day baby is 2004 Sierra RWD with 470 K, good ride, I can load construction and beekeeping things without thinking of scratches or propolis.
As Lazy said truck should be a truck, and I never buy a new truck. I let someone else pay a depreciation. I pay $5,000 tops and drive it for another 6 - 7 years.
As for lost keys, whatever I'm wearing there is a key carabiner clip with the spare keys attached to my pants. I came up with this solution because I was so embarrassed calling CAA to unlock my pickup or Savana van  :D
Bee Remarkable