Author Topic: There's a reason the insurance company prefers I do the cooking in my house...  (Read 2168 times)

Offline CpnObvious

• My Photobucket Bee Album
She'll be THRILLED if she finds out I put this out on the internet...  :D

When I returned from Scout camp a couple weeks ago I went to cook up some veggies, but couldn't find the metal veggie steamer that goes in the pot (http://www.amazon.com/Amco-Collapsible-Steamer-Stainless-Steel/dp/B000Q4N2LO).  I was, to a point, ripping the kitchen apart going nuts.  When I asked my better half about it, she, reluctantly, informed me of it's demise... Reader's Digest version: It didn't survive 3 minutes on high (1200 watts) in our microwave.  Oddly enough, the microwave still works just fine!

Thanks, Al, for reminding me to post this!: 

We bought stickers to put on our honey jars/jugs and it says to put in hot water or micro wave to bring it back to liquid. It also warned not to have a metal lid on the jar.
 ;D  Al

Offline Les

• Gold Member
She didn't?  Are you pulling our leg?  If she did, there must have been fireworks in that microwave, holy cow!

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Sounds like and older fella I use to work for. They had bought an RV that had a mirowave in it. She wanted a baked potato, so in the new fangled oven it went on high, wrapped in aluminum foil for an hour. Almost melted the bottom out of the oven.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.