Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 2223 times)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Christmas
« on: December 24, 2015, 08:21:09 am »
Teacher Ms. Jones was curious about how each of her students celebrated Christmas.  She called on young Patrick Murphy,

"Tell us, Patrick, what you do at Christmas time."

He replied, "Well Ms. Jones, me and my twelve brothers and sisters go to midnight Mass and we sing hymns, then come home very late and we put mince pies by the back door and hang up our stockings. Then all excited, we go to bed and wait for Santa to come with all our toys."

"Very nice, Patrick" she said.  "Now Jimmy Brown, what do you do at Christmas?"

"Well, Ms. Jones, me and my sister also go to Church with Mum and Dad and we sing carols and get home ever so late. We put cookies and milk by the chimney and hang up our stockings. We hardly sleep waiting for Santa to bring our presents."

Noting there was a Jewish boy in the class and not wanting to leave him out of the discussion, she asked, "Izzie Cohen, what do you do at Christmas time?"

Izzie said, "Well, it's the same every year. Dad comes home from the office, we all pile into the Rolls Royce and drive to his toy factory.
Once inside, we look at all the empty shelves and begin singing, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus'...  then we leave for the Bahamas!"
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein