Beekeeping > Bee News

what are they thinking?

(1/3) > >>

neillsayers:
This has me scratching my head.

https://www.beeculture.com/catch-the-buzz-bee-removal-to-be-illegal-in-texas/?utm_source=Catch+The+Buzz&utm_campaign=965478b193-Catch_The_Buzz_4_29_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0272f190ab-965478b193-320254657

Lburou:
Those requirements are very surprising to me.  One more time when the man says, "I'm here from the government to help you."  :-/

neillsayers:
I looked into a bit more on the internet and evidently it has already died in process, so hopefully it won't come up again.

Lburou:

--- Quote from: neillsayers on April 04, 2019, 09:52:56 pm ---I looked into a bit more on the internet and evidently it has already died in process, so hopefully it won't come up again.

--- End quote ---
I hope you the report is correct!

tecumseh:
a Lee snip..."I'm here from the government to help you."  :-/

might I suggests.. the next time that phrase runs thru your head do remember you are/were from the government.... at least here so are the fireman, police officers and for that matter the folks that supply us with water and electric...  I guess some folks will repeat any silly phrase without much thought. Sadly the person that coined the phrase was at the top of the government hierarchy which I guess does tell you something about him!

As to the bill this is now dead on arrival.  Likely not such a bad idea to have some kind of requirements for folks who cut into folks house and remove bees.  Sadly brought forth by one of the lamest beekeeping people in Texas. He has a 'real' reputation over around Austin and I suspect the his secondary agenda item was to limit the folks who do this and to give him some free labor in the process.... I think in his mind he had the idea that he would do the training and therefore also tap into some government money... In the whole process no one even calculated the cost of putting on the training... Which I guess should tell you something about how our legislature thinks.... or not! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version