Author Topic: Robo Lookalike!  (Read 7330 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Robo Lookalike!
« on: December 11, 2013, 10:50:27 am »
JUST for those of us who wished we looked as good as Robo!!!!

http://www.blueskybeesupply.com/inflata ... _bees.html
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
    • Ramblings, Rants, & Ravings
Re: Robo Lookalike!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:31:59 am »
When a beekeeper wants to impress the ladies, he puts a queen bee in a small cage under his chin and waits for the other bees to swarm and form a bee beard beard on his face and body. That sounds like a lot of bother when you could get the same effect with just a couple of puffs of air. This inflatable vinyl Beard of Bees attaches with elastic hoops that go around your ears. Best of all, there is no chance of getting stung! If you want to say "bee mine" to your honey, just wear this Inflatable Beard of Bees and you'll be all the buzz. The perfect gift for the apiarist in your life.
•10" long vinyl Beard of Bees
•Fits most adult faces

•Attaches with elastic loops over ears
•None of the danger of using real bees

Ah,  but the real deal fits ALL faces and is a green, no nasty petroleum based products. Why limit yourself to 10"?  The longer it is the more impressed the ladies are :oops:

And I bet it doesn't work too well while standing on your head  :mrgreen:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:43:20 am »
:lol:  :lol:
I thought I had seen everything! go figure
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 01:29:10 pm »
Well.. R, that may be true.. BUT!!!!
   With JUST a dab or three of superglue.. YOU can Robo SKYDIVE, or ROBO BREAKDANCE!!!  It doubles as a ROBO FLOAT when swimming!  A ROBO Face warmer in the winter!!!!
  It takes LITTLE Imagination to turn this handy beard of bees into a ROBO Beverage container!!!  How convenient RIGHT THERE on your face!!!!!
   With only a little tugging and pulling.. Maybe some moist heat the vinyl gets LONGER so no 10" limit!!!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 01:54:20 pm »
.......... :lol:
good one!  perry needs that thing!!!........ :lol:
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 03:27:33 pm »

That said, I think I might order one of those! I miss my beard, but I also like being married!  :lol:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 04:04:02 pm »
well now...  this is a secret that should probably be kept between the male gender,, but since none of you know my wife, and she doesnt read here...

I grow mine.. I like it, and being lazy gives me a good enough excuse.. goatee in summer, beard in winter...  BUT... with JUST the right sort of persuasion... :twisted:   Persuasion above, and beyond the "normal" persuasion.... I can be convinced to shave it off..    

Winter is coming on!

SHHHHH  no tattling!
  Part of the secret is to ACT horrified that she wants you to SHAVE!!!!!!, nd then pout for at least a day before you do it... JUST, because you LOVE her!!!!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 06:26:54 pm »
nice pix lazy........

"well now... this is a secret that should probably be kept between the male gender,, but since none of you know my wife, and she doesnt read here..."

give me 5 minutes, i'll be talking to your wife............... :lol:
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 06:34:03 pm »
Hey, Lazy, is that an 8n or a fergie over in the left corner?
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 07:50:41 pm »
Yep its a Fergie.. Dad was going to junk it..     Sat in my step grandfathers field since 1972.. I played on it when I was 7 - 8 yrs old...  two years ago I drug it to the shop.. had it running in about a half hour,, cam gear was worn off.. so... A new cam, a new lift cylinder and rings, two new rear tires and I have been mowing the fence lines with it ever since..  1942 TE 20

*Sponsor*

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »
I reckon I've seen that picture before.  ;)   That from a drag car?   Looks like we might have more in common than just bees :twisted:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 08:58:12 pm »
hehe, yep, drag truck actually..  did my time with roundy round,, got tired of working on fixing a arms/axles/fenders etc etc 9 days a week to stay in the points and started drag racing...

Youll have to forgive the fact I didnt waste header gaskets on the test stand....
  CLick for video

A nice 383 for an 89 firebird...

and the 355 in the Bright yellow LUV...

You can hear it hit the rev limiter just as he shifts  limiter was set at 7500
Click for video.. daughters X boyfriend driving..

The 355 dont look all that pretty but it would turn 9k in an instant.. had to put a rev limiter on it...   I could go on a while here...    :D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:17:14 pm by LazyBkpr »

*Sponsor*

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 09:12:08 pm »
SOme of the trophies on the shelf in the background.. and what the LUV looked like when I got it...    I took pride in building something for less...

Big Red beat a LOT of twenty thousand dollar rigs and I had about 3K in it total.. not counting my time of course....  Throwing knowledge at it instead of dollars and coming out on top was immensely satisfying.

Launching a three ton truck into the air over the whoopdedoos with an 800 hp big block pushing it was a REAL adrenalin rush.. seeing the guy running the stop watch RUN when you came down through the pit 6 feet in the air with blue flames erupting from the headers was fun as well  :twisted:

Hrmmm... I think I hijacked my own thread....

*Sponsor*

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 07:59:33 pm »
Quote from: "LazyBkpr"
Big Red beat a LOT of twenty thousand dollar rigs and I had about 3K in it total.. not counting my time of course....  Throwing knowledge at it instead of dollars and coming out on top was immensely satisfying.

I hear you, I ran a sprint car for about 5 years and where way outspent by a lot of guys.  Some spent more on a single engine than I had in my whole operation.  It felt really great buying used tires from one of these guys and then beating him with them.  He finally stopped selling me tires.  ;)    I won the point championship my 2nd year and was in the top 5 for the years we ran the whole schedule.  

More pics here if anyone is interested -> http://https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116822367552643196211/albums/5826239441800742705?authkey=CPDbmNjL7-WyrAE

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 08:52:49 pm »
It felt really great buying used tires from one of these guys and then beating him with them.

We used to buy tires from the roundy round guys to use at the drag strip. They were glad to get rid of them and often they had near half rubber left.
   I built a supercharged 327 to run in my 68 Camaro, and will never forget the first time I launched it with those tires.. it broke the windshield and scared the BEJEESUS out of me when the body twisted and the front end came up..  I SHIFTED the TH400 at 10000 rpm, and the SHIVER of that engine set peoples teeth to vibrating as I shifted it...  My partner in crime told me he used to close his eyes and plug his ears about the time I shifted because he KNEW that 327 was about to splatter all over the track....  It never did...
   Sometimes I miss those days.. then thinking back.. working from 8 to 5 for a chevy dealer. going home, seeing my wife, having dinner, and going to work for the performance shop from there.. building engines and cars until 1 or 2 AM.. going home showering and going to bed to get back up at 6:30 AM to go back to the dealer....   It worked when I was 25 - 35 yrs old.. I couldnt do that now.. I'd be dead in about three days...    Learning how to do things from the OLD mechanics who modified what they had was a valuable experience..   At that time, we didnt HAVE the resources people do now.. We scrounged junk yards for 400's.. had the cranks turned to build 383's and 388's.. Used Big block studs and rocker arms..  Fuelie heads, or took stock heads and had them opened up for 202 valves.. NOW you can BUY performance parts cheaper than you can have stock stuff modified and flowed.
   I still have a dwell meter in my tool box.. I have had kids out of tech school LAUGH at me for having it.. until they ran into a set of points, and were completely LOST...   It amazes me that something so simple can completely dumbfound the newer generation.. but also reminds me that I am getting old...

*Sponsor*

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:09 pm »
Ya,  the good old days, when you learned how to do things with your hands.   I have "young" engineers working for me that don't even know how to change the oil in a car. I had to show one of them how to check the brake pads a few weeks ago.

I had an old school machinist that helped us out with our engines.   One year for our short track car we built an "experimental" (ie. low cost) engine we nicknamed the grenade, because we expected it to go off at any time.  It had a cast crank and cast rods that had the I-beams drilled out.   He meticulously balanced all the pistons, rods, & crank.  We turned it around 7800rpm and won 5 out of the 6 short track races that year beating all the guys with their big buck billet cranks & rods and aluminum heads.  To this day I think there are some guys that still don't believe what was inside of it.

They were good memories and experiences,  but I'm glad I moved on and now enjoy a lot more simpler things in life.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »
LOL Robo!!  Was it a claimer??   I can only imagine the LOOK on their faces when they opened it up!!!!

:o  "You have GOT to be KIDDING me!"  :shock:

When the 4.3's came out I was working for chevy.. the parts lady's husband ran the roundy round..  sportsman class??  whichever it was that ran the 6 cyl classes...   We scrounged 3.8's used the heads intakes dist etc on the 4.3 blocks with 88 dollar badger flat top pistons for the 350's in them...  He won his classes for about four months straight and got claimed about every other race.. we built them LOOSE and they ran really good...    Another guy stopped in to have an engine built for his Vette, and saw the 4.3's on the engine stands and got really excited...  after that we never COULD find enough 3.8 parts to keep the engines flowing.. the Badger pistons lasted anywhere from three to five races before the tops came off...  those were good times with lots of money and NO spare time..

*Sponsor*