Author Topic: Zweefer Incoming  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Zweefer Incoming
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 12:10:56 am »
Zweef, considering the mess you went thru last year, I feel giddy about the bees you are taking home from Scotts Apiary. Great Story as well  :)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 07:56:41 am »
Thanks Jen.  I'm feeling a lot more confident this year having one under my belt and knowing I have the support system here. Having proven over wintered stock for queens won't hurt either :D
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 09:04:12 am »
That seems to sum it up well.   I am not sure where that screen came from. Old stuff laying around, it looked to be the right size, until the bee walked straight through it..  HAS to be something Ted planted here, then giggled all the way home.   O:-)
   Glad I didnt attempt a trap out with that stuff...
   I do want to reiterate..  the beer was very good. I am not really an aficionado of strange and different beers, but the stuff delivered to me was an excellent beer well brewed and seasoned. It left just a hint of lemon behind.. My son has attempted to get me to drink his girly lime beer among others..  and after a sip or two.. I had to pass..  The beer Zweef brought down is GONE already..  I can see driving up to his place to get more. Then, after two or three of those, maybe four... beginning the hunt for Mrs. River..   It has to be across the street from some good old rednecks..  so if we knock on their door and ask we should be able to find her..  Of course, having a front seat full of beer, we may still be at their house when Mrs. River makes an appearance, so we will have to holler from across the street.   :laugh:
   The bees are guaranteed. If they dont survive for ANY reason, from beekeeper error to a bear attack he can drive down and get more!   ;D  :P
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 09:35:07 am »
What a great story and a great time I'm sure!
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 11:07:37 am »
Class acts, all the way around!  :thread: :photos:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 07:02:14 pm »
very, very cool you guys! enjoyed the pix and posts/stories! thank you!

"The beer Zweef brought down is GONE already..  I can see driving up to his place to get more. Then, after two or three of those, maybe four... beginning the hunt for Mrs. River..   It has to be across the street from some good old rednecks..  so if we knock on their door and ask we should be able to find her..  Of course, having a front seat full of beer, we may still be at their house when Mrs. River makes an appearance, so we will have to holler from across the street.   :laugh:"

lol, well for one thing, we don't drink girly beers scott, and i am not much on beer, but do enjoy a brew now and again from a local brewery, rush river brewery, always some in the fridge. depends... we save the good stuff for guests, and the girly beer for all those that show up quite frequently and can go through a case or so even after they have depleted what they brought........ :D
some of the fisherman that fish our property bring all sorts of expensive brews to the house.
some of my neighbors brew a little beer and some other things......... :D
i won't say............ just smell it first and take a small sip before indulging.............. :D
no one across the street from me, lol, down the road, and the rednecks, if you knocked on their door and asked for directions you might be greeted with a pistol or shotgun and wanting to know who you are and why you want to find my house and beer won't bribe them.......... :D
so they will call me and ask me you know these guys?........
if i say yes THEN you will owe them some beer from the front seat of the truck....... :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor