Author Topic: Bees made queen cells. Help! I have 12 hours  (Read 10767 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Bees made queen cells. Help! I have 12 hours
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 01:01:50 am »
Gypsi- "still the sight of a queen takes my breath away.

I hear ya sista!
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Gypsi

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 09:32:21 am »
Riverbee,

No brood at all. I had emptied the freezer to defrost it and had a nuc with 5 frames of food and wax from my late fall swarmed hive last year, I gave them that. Maybe 2 cups of bees. And I put a feed jar on. It was getting too late to open hive 3 and swipe them brood and nurse bees, will try to do that today. For now the queen has a place to lay, they have food and I put an entrance reducer on. She might have been in the hive but had not laid yet when I tore the hives down on Saturday and newspaper combined with the bigger hive. Both hives were calm. I left empty boxes and frames scattered up and down the hive stand in case of a queen's return, but they just clumped by the old entrance reducer, which makes me think this queen came from the split that I gave a new queen, who left me 4 queen cells, because they were small I had given them the reducer,

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 12:11:42 pm »
ok thanks gypsi!  keep us posted on how well she does......
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Gypsi

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 11:05:32 pm »
Well the bees took care of themselves, the little returning queen hive did well with the medium box of eggs and larva I added (some on the verge of hatching) and they are taking syrup and coming and going. Haven't looked inside since I added that box and confirmed the queen was there.

The bigger hive is bigger and I could maybe steal a deep box of honey from them. I got about 30 lbs in what I stole when I tore down the empty hives. 

and my uncle died today. It is a transition finally. He hung on being tortured by hospitals for 2 months. died an hour after they took him off oxygen today.   He was my last blood relative of my dad's generation, except for my natural mother and she still denies I exist.. Now I really am on my own..

Gypsi

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 11:14:47 pm »
Hi There Gypsi, I was wondering where you were. I'm glad your bees are fine.. Of course they are fine! Starting right now.. take some time for yourself, and give thanks that you are a strong and needed person in this world ~ It's going to be Okay ~Hugs~ Jen
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2014, 12:04:14 am »
Your never on your own when you have friends Gypsi!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Gypsi

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2014, 11:38:07 am »
Yes and no Lazy. I do have friends but the experience and guidance, my uncles were both very smart. Lost my mother's brother to cancer 2 years ago, the uncle I just lost was my dad's only brother, and my dad died in 1989....

When I am planning a business and trying not to make any false moves and wheeling and dealing in real estate, and putting in gardens, and managing grown children, those vast years of experience with no ulterior motives are irreplaceable...

well maybe. I have some years of experience of my own now, but still it is hard. Now I know why people are so crushed when a parent dies. I lost mine so long ago and they weren't "there", this is kind of foreign territory to me.

Thank you for your friendship. Wish life was as easy as bees

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 01:56:27 am »
gypsi, you have my friendship, and many others here..like scott said.  just know i am thinking about you, wishing you well, and sending prayers and thoughts your way....
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Gypsi

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2014, 12:49:28 pm »
Thank you RB