Author Topic: Senior Driver  (Read 2211 times)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Senior Driver
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:06:29 am »
My neighbor was working in his yard when he was startled by a late model car that came crashing through his hedge
and ended up in his front lawn.  He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down on a lawn chair.

He said with excitement, "You appear quite elderly to be driving."

"Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly.  "I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough, that I don't even need a driver's license anymore."

He asked "How do you know?"

"The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license.

I told him, yes and handed it to him."

He took scissors out of the drawer, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore.'

So I thanked him and left!
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
Re: Senior Driver
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 10:21:47 am »
My neighbor was working in his yard when he was startled by a late model car that came crashing through his hedge
and ended up in his front lawn.  He rushed to help an elderly lady driver out of the car and sat her down on a lawn chair.

He said with excitement, "You appear quite elderly to be driving."

"Well, yes, I am," she replied proudly.  "I'll be 97 next month, and I am now old enough, that I don't even need a driver's license anymore."

He asked "How do you know?"

"The last time I went to my doctor, he examined me and asked if I had a driver's license.

I told him, yes and handed it to him."

He took scissors out of the drawer, cut the license into pieces, and threw them in the waste basket, saying, 'You won't need this anymore.'

So I thanked him and left!

LOLOL  That sounds right!

It reminds me of this video:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/405_(film)

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
Re: Senior Driver