Sustainable Living > Recipes

Venison Recipes Share Them Here!

(1/3) > >>

riverbee:
although i don't hunt i enjoy venison, and we have many members that do. put up your venison recipe and share your culinary artistry with others here!

iddee:
We can venison the size of stew beef. My wife uses the juices to make gravy, adds the meat, and serves on bread, like an open face sandwich. Side of mashed potatoes and maybe a side of beans or corn.

Quick, easy, and delicious.

Jen:
I'm big on soups

Venison Barley Soup

1/2 lb venison chopped into small cubes
1 tsp butter
4 cups beef broth
1 cup Irish beer, or any beer will do
1/4 cup barley, rinsed and drained
1 ea large onion, carrot, turnip, peeled and cut into small pieces. Although I don't peel.
1 stalk celery

Trim away all visible sinew from venison and cut into small cubes. Melt butter in large saucepan; add venison cubes and cook over medium heat until brown on all sides. Add remaining ingredients to pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 1 1/2 hours. Serves 4-6

LazyBkpr:
well.. lets see.. my Favorite Venison recipe.. its sort of a tossup..

First recipe..
   SALT
  while cutting up the deer..  sprinkle with salt and eat!!!

Second recipe..
   for those who like it cooked..  Loin is preferable, but back strap is good too.
   Melt REAL butter in frying pan..  crush a clove of garlic and brown it in the butter. Toss in the loin steak. Let sizzle for about thirty seconds and turn it over. Wait thirty seconds and put another piece in because you ate the first one...

hehe, sorry, no fancy recipes here, but I do love venison. Second only to GOOD well marbled beef

Jen:
Good one Lazy. My mother in law taught me how to make it this way, and it's still my fav.

Backstrap sliced thin against the grain, 1/2 inch or less. Hot, floating oil, cast iron skillet waiting. Dredge with flour, not too much. Throw in pan, be liberal with the salt, pepper, a little cinnamon. By the time it's fried, It's Gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version