Author Topic: 8/13/14 Extraction  (Read 10921 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: 8/13/14 Extraction
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 12:25:59 am »
That's why I've been feeding all summer long, to get as much drawn comb as I can... just in case next spring my hives start sw...... again  :D

I have put together all wired wax with hooks, and have crosswired them. When the season comes for me to have honey, we'll see how they do. But I'm still intrigued with foundationless. I may slowly start that next season as well.
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 10:32:21 pm »
Got the last in jars today.  Final total was 30 quarts and 1 pint and a few tablespoons.  I split with my Dad 50/50.  Because I ran out after selling after my first extraction year before last (my bees didn't do well last year so no honey), I've decided to keep nearly all of it, give some to special friends, and sell a couple of quarts to loyal customers that really really want some.  I won't sell for less than $20/quart.

I put the supers back on the hives.  If it keeps raining, I may get another batch.  The golden rod are just now opening, and I see all kinds of other stuff blooming, so who knows?
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2014, 09:24:08 am »
Dang Perry..   I would have had difficulty not chewing someones behind pretty hard if I had frames returned like that.   They were in a hurry. Fantastic way to lose business.  I shudder to think what they would have done to my foundation-less non wired frames..   

Same situation here SLowModem..   Buds are coming out on the goldenrod. I see lots of other flowers blooming, and it is raining at this moment. It is looking like the fall flow is going to be every bit as good as the spring flow was.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Slowmodem

• Gold Member
    • http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »
Since both of the hives swarmed this spring, if I can keep them going like they are now and not swarming (they have two deeps and two supers in each hive to play in) maybe things will be even better!  ::fingers crossed::
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN
Beekeeping at 26.4 kbs