Author Topic: Hey Jack, Iddee  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Hey Jack, Iddee
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:28:35 am »
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Hey Jack, Iddee
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:39:28 am »
There's a lot of Fordson steel wheel tractors around, but maybe not very many 1921 Kerosene models. I turned down 2 at 1500 for both. Both engines were frozen and the sheet metal was badly rusted on both. They were both gas.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 04:03:38 pm »
Not seen a 1921 Fordson but like iddee said, there are alot of fordsons around on steel wheels and rubber. I have a Farmall H that has a gallon gas tank to start it with and warm up, and then you can switch it over to kerosene. Jack

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:18:54 pm »
We use to have an old JD "A", had the two tanks on it.

Petcocks on each cylinder to relieve the pressure until it got going, then close them. They were right next to the spark plugs and if not careful would bite you good. It ran a magneto that would make blue fire jump an inch.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.