Author Topic: Drying goldenrod for tea  (Read 4765 times)

Offline LindsayBrower1

Drying goldenrod for tea
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:31:30 pm »
Since the bees have also helped me tune into nature, I stumbled upon some interesting information about goldenrod! I will be out to fetch some to make into tea and salve! Anyone else know much about goldenrod or done this yourself? Input appreciated  ;D  http://www.gardensablaze.com/HerbGoldenrodMed.htm
"The earth has music for those who listen"

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Drying goldenrod for tea
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »
Lindsay,  how is the goldenrod drying working?  Because of all the rain, I have an abundance of golden rod.  I thought I would try it.  To dry, I presume that I would cut the stalks and hang upside down in a cool, dry location.  I usually leave my natives for the birds as winter food, but I don't think there is anything that would benefit from golden rod.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: Drying goldenrod for tea
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 05:03:48 pm »
the German Commission E (an expert committee formed to evaluate herbs and herbal combinations) has approved Goldenrod for bladder and kidney stones, and as a diuretic to help flush out urinary infections, and it is widely accepted in Europe for these problems.  It has properties that do make it useful topically for wound healing, eczema, arthritis, and rheumatism, and as a tea or gargle, it has properties that make it a likely valid remedy for colds, flu, sore throat, and laryngitis.  Tea made out of the leaves of Goldenrod (called Blue Mountain Tea) has been used by herbalists in the Appalachians for many years to relieve exhaustion and fatigue.

Good heavens!!   I may just be RICH!!!  I have TONS of the stuff around here!   8)
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*