Author Topic: lazy shooter at 1001  (Read 3327 times)

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
lazy shooter at 1001
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:43:24 am »
Lazy I enjoy your posts and contribution to this forum. I don't know how we all misted you when you reached 1000.
Thanks for all your input Keith
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
Re: lazy shooter at 1001
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:19:51 am »
 Yes keep up the good work, enjoy your post and read them all.

Ken

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 07:16:02 am »
Wow, you're right, don't know how I missed that!
Thank you for all your contributions LS, the forum is a better place for them. :goodjob:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:53:25 am »
You missed my 1,000 th post due to gender bias.  You guys notice when the gals post in ten's.  Had it been Riverbee, Jen, or any other female there would have been balloons popping.  But, hey, it's just another guy.  :):):):):)  That's OK as I am accustomed to being overlooked.  Then again, I too am partial to the fairer sex.  :):):):):) 

Seriously, thanks for the nice comments.

Lazy

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 09:10:50 am »
Good thing you admitted to that last line.  Wouldn't want to think you'll be watching ALL the tight jeans at the rodeo.   :o   ;D

Thanks for all your support and will read each of your next thousand, too, although I will pay closer attention to the ladies.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 02:45:34 pm »
Lazy "Had it been Riverbee, Jen, or any other female there would have been balloons popping."

Awe Lazy, don't hate me because I have ovaries LOL  ;) 8) You should know that you are one of the one's I always listen to  :)

I would like to say tho Lazy, that the thing that I notice most about you, is your kindness  :)  I always take note when you applaud someone else's tender feelings and how you speak of your family. Also, it perks me up when you refer to your wife as 'The Skirt'  :D
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 09:10:13 pm »
"you missed my 1,000 th post due to gender bias.  You guys notice when the gals post in ten's.  Had it been Riverbee, Jen, or any other female there would have been balloons popping."

..................... :D
lol, will this work?

i wanted to get you balloon popping lazy, but photobucket went down.............. ;D

thanks lazy! love ya! keep those posts coming my friend!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 10:58:36 am »
@ Jen:

It’s because you have ovaries that I love you.  The men of my generation were taught to hold women on a pedestal.  I still do, and I have taught my sons to behave accordingly.  That being said, I totally believe in gender equality in terms of wages and women’s rights.  My wife is, and has been, a superintendent of schools since 1990.  As such, she manages large budgets, personnel and all administrative issues of the school.  I respect her as a wife, a professional and a woman.  Due to long ago surgery, she doesn’t have ovaries, and I still love her. 

Most of my site work is drilling hostile environment deep wells for oil companies.  The companies always have a project manager that manages the job.  That person manages me.  Occasionally, it is a woman.  I don’t mind working for a woman.  Remember, I am the one that loves all women.

When I speak of gender equality, it is always “tongue and cheek.” 

Oh, and I don’t call my wife the skirt.  I sometimes refer to her as “the BIG skirt.”   

lazy

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 02:51:45 pm »
Lazy "It’s because you have ovaries that I love you."  :D  That cracks me up Lazy, and I'm going to have a bumper sticker made with that quote right there, and put it on hubby's big new truck  ;D.... still giggling

And Lazy, this may be the one time I may disagree with your statement "The men of my generation were taught to hold women on a pedestal"

I have found that the men of your generation have been taught that women were considered the lesser sex, and so much abuse. My father included. So, it makes sense that you hold a place in my heart ~hugs~  ;)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 04:20:45 pm »
Jen, Lazy is correct. The men were taught. You just happened to know a few who didn't learn and practice.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 05:55:37 pm »
Agreed Iddee  :)  Taught and Example. And the sorry part is that women have been taught the same thing, so they 'choose' to live with those men. I got lucky with my mom. She left me with the example that she could make it on her own raising her kids, and that example saved me from making the same mistake. And there is some luck in there as well.