Author Topic: whopper of a swarm  (Read 1517 times)

Online G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
whopper of a swarm
« on: June 16, 2016, 02:45:15 pm »
Got a call from an apartment complex about "some kind of bee infestation....it is huge"

Had to finish working regular job and then back to the house for the bee vac, had been there for a day and had two small pieces of comb the size of your hand. Dandy swarm if I do say so myself, possibly the biggest I have ever caught.

Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: whopper of a swarm
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 03:06:03 pm »
Wow! That is a whopper!  ;D
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 03:37:22 pm »
Can  you give us any details about how you went about hiving them?

Online G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 05:25:10 pm »
Ef I used the bee vac to get them all but just a few foragers in a ten frame deep. Inside of the deep I had put what last few frames that had cut out comb in it (not attached very well) and four empty frames.

I knew I had to do something with them this afternoon. Went into them and three of the cut out frames comb had fallen out. What a mess. Cleaned every thing out, and put in seven new frames of foundation to get them going again. 
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.