Worldwide Beekeeping Resource Library > GETTING STARTED

A simple and concise explanation of keeping bees by Jerry Freeman

(1/4) > >>

tecumseh:
this is about the best full description of beekeeping in it's most simple terms.  the author is the person who sells the freeman beetle trap..

http://freemanbeetletrap.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/HiveInspectionArticle2.33152129.pdf

also pdf file attached:

LEARNING HOW TO KEEP BEES/Hive Inspection
In today’s world of Beetles and Mites
by Jerry Freeman

Jen:
Tec- this is great! I have a friend that has inquired about beekeeping. I'll just print this off for him.

Lburou:
Thanks tec  :)

Bakersdozen:
That is wonderful.  Thanks for posting, Tec.

Jen:
Has anyone read this link yet? I've been reading it today. Printed it off with my handy yellow marker ready. This is page 7 of this link.

See Queen Cells?
Bees will build Queen cells to supercede (replace) an old or failing Queen. Bees will build
Queen cells in an emergency – maybe you killed her during the last inspection. Bees will build
Queen cells so they can swarm. Bees will usually build only a few supercedure or emergency
cells on the face of the comb. Swarm cells are usually built near the bottom of the combs and
may number over a dozen.

I Thought.... that the supercedure cells on the face of the comb were the swarm cells. That these were built in a hurry.

And the cells that run across the bottom of the frame were to replace a failing queen, and not so much in a hurry but to be prepared for when a new queen was needed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version