Author Topic: Our first alldayer.  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Our first alldayer.
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:04:12 pm »
Kare and I decided to attend our first all day car show Saturday at Port Huron Michigan. They closed down Military (main street) street detouring traffic around the area (6 blocks and side streets) for the show. We arrived at 8:30 Am and our sign in number was 195 but I had walked two blocks south to find the registration people so we could walk and see the cars/trucks to sign in. I was well ahead of other cars in our block by over 200 numbers. They were hoping to get 300 cars there, At 11:00 I asked the DJ announcer who does the local evening shows we have been attending how many they had. He points up north one more block and said to that point they had 300 cars/trucks and there were 3 more blocks of parked cars and trucks and 4 side streets full. My guess was between 600 and 900 cars by 1:00.

Cost us $15.00 fee that went to a group that helps the ageing, I believe for the county not just for the city. We got a goodie bag of donated things, samples of car wax/polish, samples of sun screen ( I should have found that early as my face is sun burnt pretty good.), note pads and pens, key chains, discount coupon tickets to a oil change chain, discount tickets to fast food restaurants and even a free coffee and donut coupon to Tim Horton's (yum).
 We were given a drivers ticket and Kare got a show T shirt in one drawing, they were selling them for $15.00.

All the event people were so nice I can't remember how many said they were glad we came and hoped we were having a good time, did we need any thing cold water and such.

We got parked in front of a pizza shop that opened at Noon called Casey's a really short across the side walk trip for our lunch of pizza.
If you are ever in Port Huron Michigan and are hungry go to Casey's, they do more than Pizzas too.

I got some pictures before the camera who's battery I had neglected to charge died on me.

There was a bunch of cars/trucks from Canada also.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Alleyyooper

Re: Our first alldayer.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »
As a reminder this is Kare and my 1985 Buick LaSabre collectors edition (last year of the RWD LaSabre's.). We have now owned it almost a year just 12 more days.

We have been attending a lot of local evening shows in the surrounding towns too.
So here a couple of the cars we saw.

Car from Canada is a 34 Dodge Desoto.

I am not sure about this one is it a 48 Ford or a Mercury?

;D  Al

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »
That DeSoto is sharp! :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:26:18 pm »
I think they all are sharpe. But the 34 is a Canadian Dodge, Desoto trim. Dodge trucks in Canada were Fargo's up into the late 1960's too.

A Willies 2x4.

Dodge super bee.

Plymouth Sport Fury.

:D  Al

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 10:19:47 am »
We saw  a car show last Sunday in Golden, CO.  They are really something to see and a few of them bring back memories of people from the past.

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 12:26:48 pm »
Never too many pictures of these old cars!  A particular car can tickle a memory from childhood.  My favorite car in your pictures so far is the 34 DeSoto.  Continue posting those pictures, please!! 
Lee_Burough