Author Topic: Rattle snakes? Little green ones under pallets from california.  (Read 13981 times)

Offline barry42001

• Gold Member
Re: Rattle snakes? Little green ones under pallets from california.
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 11:52:40 pm »
of all the animals in the world the snake has had more war stories, myths and fairytales, old wives tales. have been passed down from generation to generation as if its gospel. I spent a great deal of time out in the field, my time was spent in the Northeast. but I did have a very large venomous reptiles collection with the most dangerous snakes in the world that does give me a bit of footing to stand on when I talk about these animals. their behavior out in the wild would be even more reclusive then they are in captivity, they have an opportunity to leave in captivity they did not. Statistical fact; there are approximately 25,000 snake bites that occur throughout all of United States of those bites approximately 3000 are venomous snakes bites. of those three thousand bites, 25 are fatal. for the average person the odds are far better you'll get struck by lightning twice before you're bitten by a snake once. bus that go out in the field it does increase our odds for encounter. but even with that said its still betting odds and won't stop me from going out into the field. many things in the world that you can be afraid of by and far snakes are not one of them. Fear the IRS, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, government in general.
how far greater risk from them then you are from any snake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:55:51 pm by barry42001 »
"if a man is alone in the woods, and speaks and no woman is there to hear him. is he still wrong?

Offline barry42001

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 12:18:21 am »
well first a fact...if every snake inthe world died at midnight tonight, by thanksgiving your meal would be a armed meal, to clear the rats off the dinner table...fact

A lady was in a apple orchard, gathering apples. Suddenly a huge black snake started to chase her. She was terrified, and climbed in one of the Apple trees. The black snake in frustration bit the tree, and continued circling the poor lady. She was in the tree for several hours, finally hungry, she plucked a apple and ate it. She died from eating the apple, poisoned by the black snake. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:25:25 am by barry42001 »
"if a man is alone in the woods, and speaks and no woman is there to hear him. is he still wrong?

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 11:55:42 am »
""What's the primary snake killing poison out there?""

HUMANS!!
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein