Author Topic: First out-yard  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: First out-yard
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 08:04:37 pm »
I saw a presentation on beekeeping in Vietnam.  The Vietnamese used several stick incense.  They blew on the burning ends to direct the smoke. 

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Re: First out-yard
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 08:24:37 pm »
" mosquitos! Holy camoly! Is there a bug spray I can use and wear shorts or do I need to stash some pants?

> smoker! So, supposing I had not brought my smoker along, could I go to the corner store and get some cigarettes? Other ideas?"

deet.
if you are going to wear shorts, 3m's product ULTRATHON, cream or spray. if not take some light nylon pants with you to wear. might have to spray your ankles or apply the cream depending on your footwear and socks or lack there off. this stuff will keep the skeeters and everything else off. gnats, biting flies, ticks etc.

no smoker? get another one and keep it and your fuel and whatever you wear in/or extra in  your vehicle or wherever you remember to take it with you.

what's the boyscout/girlscout thing?  be prepared?............. :D

it's always a good idea to have an extra smoker or extra 'gear' in your vehicle to check out yards.

wait til a bear disseminates your hive or hives and you realize you have none of the following:
no smoker, no veil, and no coveralls.......... :D

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor