Beekeeping > Healing From The Hive

Cataracts

(1/3) > >>

Ray:
I've got cataracts and I am also am at risk for detached retina(s) which may complicate surgery.
Anybody know of any cures from the hive (or elsewhere)?

Bakersdozen:
So sorry to hear that Ray.  I don't know any cures from the hive.  But I will say that modern medicine has made a lot of advances in this area.  Cataract removal is a walk in the park.  Detached retina, I don't have any experience with.  Good luck to you.

brooksbeefarm:
Ray
My wife had cataract surgery as an out patient and it might have taken 20 minutes, i couldn't believe it :o. My eye doctor says i have a starting of cataracts, but not bad enough for surgery yet. I went to him for what he called floaters, when working bees it sometimes looks like a bee is coming or is to close to my eyes ;D, i don't think there is much they can do for floaters :sad: Jack

riverbee:
well wishes to you ray. had a close friend also with recent cataract surgery. went well, doing great.  not sure she had detached retina though?

Perry:
I read this just a few days ago. A guy in BC invented them and they could soon be available.
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/52832/20150531/bionic-lens-offer-vision-three-times-better-20.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version