Beekeeping > Do-It-Yourself Plans and Prints

Painting hive components

(1/3) > >>

tedh:
Hi Everybody.  I've built several brood boxes and supers along with the other hive components and am getting ready to paint.  I have a gallon or two of semi gloss barn red and about as much semi gloss white on hand.  Is there a problem with using the barn red?  I'm wondering if it might not make it extra hot in the hive with the solar gain this summer.  I could try mixing the white with the red and come up with some shade of pink but that might end up a bit dark too.  Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Maybe my concern is justified.  What do you think?  Thanks, Ted

Jen:
Hi Ted, 10 hottest countries in the world where honey bees live: Mexico, Somalia, India, Sudan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait,Iran, Algeria, Libya ~   ;) 8)

tedh:
You forgot to mention Iowa.  But I wont hold it against you; point taken.

Jen:
 :D :D :D

Hope you get a snap shot of your painted hives what ever you decide to do. Ya know? An Asian perspective would be Awesome. Dragons and lanterns painted on the sides...  ;)

Wandering Man:
We get pretty hot in South Texas.  The bees didn't seem to mind the colors this past Summer.

And then there is always this scenario (which I think you see more of than we do):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version