Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Recipes / What's Cookin'
« Last post by .30WCF on Today at 07:13:46 am »
15, I make wilted spinach sometimes. I’m not sure it’s the same as this though. Mine is some olive oil in a cast iron pan, chopped garlic and an oversized mound of fresh spinach piled crazy high in the pan. Medium heat for a few minutes tossing regularly will soften, darken and reduce the pile of leaves to what I would call wilted spinach. We eat it just like that.
You could add red pepper flake, mushrooms or cream it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any and Every Thing / Re: Thinking about our fellow beekeepers in Ukraine
« Last post by Jen on Today at 01:32:24 am »
Lazy, will pray and meditate for your sons safe return home. I cannot even imagine....  :sad:
Recipes / Re: What's Cookin'
« Last post by Jen on Today at 01:26:54 am »
YUM Baker! And did you know that the wilted salads are so much easier for people with tender gut problems to eat.
Pests and Diseases / Re: HOPGAURD
« Last post by Zweefer on Yesterday at 09:42:22 pm »
 :hijack:

I have gone on this rant before, but will reiterate it here...
The second you put those bees in a box, you are now responsible for them.  There is no longer any "natural" to it.
Animal Husbandry must dictate that you treat these animals an keep them healthy.  that includes putting feed out in spring to help, as well as fall to help them overwinter.  Treating mites is also on that MUST list. 

You wouldn't let cattle, horses, or more personably, a dog or cat suffer with a disease or parasite and die "naturally" without trying to help (or if you would, we don't have much to discuss), so why is this any different?

And worse, in this case your lack of responsibility does affect everyone around you as well.

End Rant.
« Last post by The15thMember on Yesterday at 09:11:27 pm »
Wilted lettuce and spinach salad for dinner.   No pictures, but man it was good.  Fixed baked potatoes in the air fryer to go with it.
What does this mean?  I've never heard of eating wilted lettuce before. 
« Last post by Bakersdozen on Yesterday at 08:26:28 pm »
Wilted lettuce and spinach salad for dinner.   No pictures, but man it was good.  Fixed baked potatoes in the air fryer to go with it.
« Last post by The15thMember on Yesterday at 07:44:50 pm »
We have a big bed of mint at the side of the house, and all summer my mom will make what we call "summer tea".  Some people call it "meadow tea".  She steeps the mint leaves in water and then makes a syrup out of that.  Then to make the actual drink she adds the syrup concentrate to water with a little bit of lemon juice.  I think it's good, but most of the people in our family go crazy for it.

Beekeeping 101 / Re: Pink larvae
« Last post by The15thMember on Yesterday at 07:35:58 pm »
I was thinking flowers like rock purslane yield bright red pollen, and that may tint the larvae, like the diets of flamingos colors them?

Please note there is absolutely no scientific reasoning behind this thought….
That was where my mind went originally.  I also have no evidence to back up this hypothesis, but the larvae are so translucent, it seems plausible to me. 
Any and Every Thing / Re: Thinking about our fellow beekeepers in Ukraine
« Last post by LazyBkpr on Yesterday at 07:26:42 pm »

My son (Army) WAS.. in Ukraine.. they got him out 4 hours before the attack... I was pretty upset about it... anyhow, while there he made good friends talking to local beekeepers near Lviv, so he could tell me all about it...    They got him to Germany, and are now flying ukranians to him for the training... his contract is up in August.. I can't wait to get him back here....   Time for him to retire soon as well...  He enlisted at the end of his Junior year.. 2003, came back to take his senior year in high school and went back in when that ended. Did a tour in Afghanistan etc... etc...   and has been instructing as a Combat Medic back here in the states, and signed up for the Ukraine contract in August of last year.   He said then that the place reminded him of HOME, farms and NICE people, unlike a lot of big city environments, so he was enjoying himself there....    A lot of his team made friends, and they are seriously unhappy right now.
Any and Every Thing / Re: Happy Birthday tbonekel!
« Last post by LazyBkpr on Yesterday at 07:19:42 pm »
Happy Birthday!!!!  o/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10