Author Topic: First swarm 2012.  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

First swarm 2012.
« on: October 18, 2014, 06:46:30 am »
Here it is the middle of April and I collected the first swarm of the year this morning. Lady called last night to tell me about it. Said she had spent half the day calling beekeepers in her county and they all declined to get them.
So it was in Flint Michigan. It's been well over a week since they reported a murder there and the last one was probably 10 blocks away.
Any way it was a nice early morning drive, the weather was perfect, and the swarm about adverage for what I see here. I got to see the bee tree they issues from and it was a large tree.
The new bee vac I made last fall worked like a charm except. The slide that can be opened to allow travel ventlation sticks despite being lubed with bees wax. the slide it self drew moisture over the winter and swelled it appears. Not a problem really I will just sand the area of the slide and the grooves a bit apply more bees wax

Also have to remember to make sure the ratchat strap is lubed enough you can make it slack to add more deeps if need be.

The swarm pictures.

:)  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.